Urgent advice : council tax arrears after 8 yrs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

) I have just received the letter from debt recovery to pay the council tax arrears relates to more then 8 years ago.

2) At that time I was living with other students. I don;t know where are they now ?

3) Now i received the letter at my current address adressing with other 2 of my friends name who are not living with me. Can debt recovery agency send the letter adressing other people name to my address who is not the premises ?

4) Apart from that debt recovery lettery i haven't received any letter relates to council tax arrears.

5) The debt recovery letter doesn't mentioned the period of concil tax arrears but I only find its relates to 8 years ago. Even the period what they have mentioned by telephone..i was there only for half of the period but my friends were there when i left. I didn't know when they left the premises.

6) I don't have any tenancy agreement paper neither i remember whether we did the tenancy agreement paper or not ? Even we did the tenancy agreement paper how many of we signed on the agreement ? Even we did the agreement whether it was one agreement or separate agreement i can't remember because it was more than 8 years old .

7) When i phoned to council they informed me they have posted series of letters from feb 08 to my current address. But i haven't received any of that. I request i need to establish first whether i am liable for not so please send the tenancy agreement paper and all the documents what you have correspondent to my address. They informed they do have a agreement document. But denied to post any previous correspondance letter including summon and tenancy agreement. I have been informed due to legal reason they can't provide me. Only they can provide me the invoice.

:cool: Liability order is issued in 3 persons name (including my self) but at that time more than 3 persons were there.

9) All the room door's had a lock system, all of we were not the part of same family background and sharing main entrance, hall, toilet and bathrooms . Doesn't it qualify for Multiple occupancy ?

Would you please how am i going to deal the case ..neither council is providing any documents nor do i have ....Isn't it council responsibillity to proof i am liable..i am wonder what kind of document council has submitted to court to obtain the liabiity order ?

Please advice me what should i do on this situation:

• 1 month later...