Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Mr Zenith Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

Default Failed mortgage application (Natwest=useless liars!)

Hi all,

dunno if I am being dumb, but I am extremely confused......

Me and my wife are buying our first house, and applied for a mortgageicon from Natwesticon. We got our agreement in principle no problem at all, however when we applied for the actual mortgageicon the application failed (although Natwest's mortgage advisor didn't tell us this, but then I think she's been lying throughout the entire process).

We got our credit reports from Experian and took them in (she told us it they needed them because we are first time buyers- ok, I am gullible!!) and 5 days later she requested we took in proof of address.

To cut a very long story short, we couldn't get hold of her one day so ended up speaking to their mortgage centre who told us the application has been declined (not referred to the underwriters as she had said!) due to a poor credit score.

On checking mine and my wife's credit report and score, we found out that we both have a credit score of 999, and there is NO credit check showin from Natwest on our credit reports..... does this mean that they actually have not done the search properly or not put the correct details in (therefore it couldn't find us, hence the failed credit check!)?? As far as I understand it, all searches should show on your report for 12 months or so.......?

Have I been taken for a mug?? We are now looking at telling them to stick their application and going to Nationwideicon...!

Please help.....!

Many thanks

Matt

Banned yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Default Re: Failed mortgage application (Natwest=useless liars!)

The mortgageicon advisor could have been preparing a case for the underwriters as a result of the decline. If she hasn't contacted you, do you know if she is at work/holidayicon?
    Have you left a message on her answerphone on mobile phone(polite one of course)?

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

Hi,

I spoke to her yesterday who told me that they expected a decision form the underwriters today. She told me that she is off today but back in Friday but her colleague would ring me today to let me know.

I rang them at 16-30 this eve to find out what was going on, and not only did no-one know what was going on, the lady I was dealing with was off until Tuesday...!

She has actually told me that it is with the underwriters, she told me that the fact that it shows as a decline is a system error..... something completely disputed by her own mortgageicon centre!!!

I could rant for ever on this....!

Banned yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zenith View Post
    Hi,

I spoke to her yesterday who told me that they expected a decision form the underwriters today. She told me that she is off today but back in Friday but her colleague would ring me today to let me know.

I rang them at 16-30 this eve to find out what was going on, and not only did no-one know what was going on, the lady I was dealing with was off until Tuesday...!

She has actually told me that it is with the underwriters, she told me that the fact that it shows as a decline is a system error..... something completely disputed by her own mortgageicon centre!!!

I could rant for ever on this....!
    Ok, have you spoken with any other banks with regards to mortgages?

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

Yeah, we have an AIP from Nationwideicon and an appointment to see them on Sat morning.

It is not as good a deal at Natwesticon have, but I feel I cannot trust Natwest anymore, at best, the have come across as incompetant.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE