Free smoke alarms

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can have 10 year battery life smoke alarms fitted to your home for free when you request a Home Fire Safety check by the Fire Brigade, the link here is for the Avon and Somerset area (Although Avon no longer exists) but it is a government backed scheme so should be available in other areas.

I was repairing the computer for a Fire fighter who told me about it, he said you get a visit from a fire safety expert who will advise fire safety measures and fit alarms where required, registering you for a visit when the batteries are due for renewal.

There is little reason to burn to death now.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

In Scotland where I live they provide smoke alarms for free and if your lucky to live in a House Association Home they sometimes install Mains fed Wireless networked Smoke Alarms which if the down stairs alarm sets off it then sets all the alarms off in the house which is really good, I have also heard but cannot confirm it but some Fire and Rescue Services are installing Fire Angel branded ones which is great quality.

Thanks for the reply, I dont know about the whole of the UK but I have seen and heard English Fire Services provide the service of Free Smoke Alarms, I believe it funded through the taxation system with the main stream of tax which funds the service would be your council tax, as I know that our Fire Service Free Smoke Alarm Service is funded through the council tax system and there are no catches what so ever, all they do is a fire safety officer will visit your home and give it a free fire safety assessment and then will see if it necessary to fit the smoke alarm(s) and then will arrange a time for installing the detector(s). I hope this helps.