cancellation of installments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have paid all my council tax installments to date, but have been paying them a week or two after the date they demand them on, they have now sent me a letter stating I have lost my right to pay by installments and if I dont pay the entire balance by the end of the month I will be taken to court and charged another £83 on top - how can this be right, how can they have the power to jump on you when you regularly pay, Im not a non payer!!!!! - drives:-x me craxzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is because of the 'right to make money' that this government has given them. They are right in what they say, and by making payments without a break you are already admitting your liable for the tax, but that don't make them any extra, so they use this loophole to con you.

If they take you to court and get a liability order, they have achieved nothing as you still have a right to instalments, but they will have made £80 if you take out the £3 court fee.

It is all about making money and nothing at all to do with you making payments each month or even you ability to pay.

• 1 month later...

Wish mine would do that, i have two payments left to make for this year, in jan and feb, they issued a summons on 22nd dec claiming they sent me letters, none of which i received, so im gonna be paying an extra 60 quid this year, needless to say im not at all happy.

question everything!

If they take you to court and get a liability order, they have achieved nothing as you still have a right to instalments, but they will have made £80 if you take out the £3 court fee.

You have no legal right to instalments once the Final Notice is issued or a reminder hasn't been paid within 7 days.

The regulations allow the council to make an arrangement at their discetion once you've lost the right to instalments.

• 3 weeks later...
You have no legal right to instalments once the Final Notice is issued or a reminder hasn't been paid within 7 days.

The regulations allow the council to make an arrangement at their discetion once you've lost the right to instalments.

But they cannot refuse you instalments if you cannot pay the full amount and that amounts to the same thing.

I came on here to ask the same question and I found it has already been asked a bit of clarity though - I used to pay mine by DD on the 27th of each month after I closed the bank account - I didn't bother I just pay manually on the 24th of each month or sooner but they still sent me a letter saying I will loose my right to installment and they will demand the full amount. I have got 2 letters now - I don't understand why they were sent out as my payments are on time the only thing is they are not by direct debit.