liability orders true cost??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

how much does it cost a council to process a liability order?

really....

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

thats what I reckon, council will not say and are asked to justify passing a cost of £100 on for what is essentially a rubber stamping exercise, just paperwork stamped at court, no one actually goes to the court!!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Documents to Download

true cost is £3.

found it!!

Edited by ErikaPNP
link approved

thats what I reckon, council will not say and are asked to justify passing a cost of £100 on for what is essentially a rubber stamping exercise, just paperwork stamped at court, no one actually goes to the court!!

I know what your saying and I guess its about council tax right ?

when I suggested I would defend so tell me the date and time, they gasped and stated this was not possible, since no one actually goes to the court. I belated realised that of course, a right to defend exists, and I see no reason why this cannot be challenged, the exhorbitant costs, passed on to individuals and the reasons for pursuing action unnecessarily:confused: I have commented on another thread somewhere, about the true costs of this kind of action and I am wondering if it comes under Unfair Terms regs and or Human rights!

Edited by maybelline

when I suggested I would defend so tell me the date and time, they gasped and stated this was not possible, since no one actually goes to the court. I belated realised that of course, a right to defend exists, and I see no reason why this cannot be challenged, the exhorbitant costs, passed on to individuals and the reasons for pursuing action unnecessarily:confused: I have commented on another thread somewhere, about the true costs of this kind of action and I am wondering if it comes under Unfair Terms regs and or Human rights!
Did U NOT receive notification from the court re: The Liability Order Hearing?? :confused:

Did U NOT receive notification from the court re: The Liability Order Hearing?? :confused:

ok, poor grammar of mine, yes rec'd a letter but it is the fact of going to defend that seemed to astound the council, my real question is about the true cost? which I believe has been established as around £3, we know that councils then try to justify additional sums such as sending representatives to the court but it appears that it is all merely a rubber stamping exercise, and the councils own statements of such confirm this.

ok, poor grammar of mine, yes rec'd a letter but it is the fact of going to defend that seemed to astound the council, my real question is about the true cost? which I believe has been established as around £3, we know that councils then try to justify additional sums such as sending representatives to the court but it appears that it is all merely a rubber stamping exercise, and the councils own statements of such confirm this.

On one hand they say on the summons, you are summons to appear but then if you do (not that I have to date on such an issue) no doubt you would be told that you can't defend it. They might as well just issue you with an invoice. I agree with you about the costs, it seems very money making to me..

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)