Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder superg Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Default Re: possible barred old mortgage loan

hi in 1995/1996 the debt was in the time limit thats why i think they come to the house and obtained my dads signatureicon but at the time I am not sure what company this was hope this helps my father cant remember anyone calling at his home there was a letter some where saying that because my father had signed the form that he had started the debt back off again

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative

Cagger since
    May 2006

Did he have capacity, did he know what he was signing?? If the answer is no then the agreement is void. Obtain the medical evidence that he didn't have capacity or at least he was very ill at the time then tell them to get lost

Basic Account Holder 389shell Informative 389shell Informative 389shell Informative 389shell's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2006
    I am in
    Up North

They have broken the law, but apart from that, the following is taken from the OFT debt collectionicon guidance July 2003, updated December 2006. http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...dit/oft664.pdf

Debt collection visits
    2.11 Those visiting debtors must not act in an unclear or threatening manner.
    2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:
    a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely
    stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient
    b. visiting a debtor when it is known they are vulnerable, for example, when
    a doctor's certificate has been provided stating that the debtor is ill
    c. continuing with a visit when it becomes apparent that the debtor is
    distressed or otherwise vulnerable, for example, it becomes apparent that
    the debtor has mental health problems
    d. entering a property uninvited
    e. not leaving a property when asked to
    f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the

debt is deadlocked or disputed
    g. not giving adequate notice of the time and date of a visit

h visiting debtors, unless requested, at inappropriate locations such as work
    or hospital.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
    George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    enoughisenough Informative enoughisenough Informative enoughisenough Informative enoughisenough Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    a better place thanks to this site

Posted in error

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Hi all Just to keep you all updated my father has been phoned by this DCAicon not sure what he said ,but the original creditor has contacted him via phone and letter they are called Bradford & Bingley they say they want payment from him but he doesn't know what to do is there any letter to send him also I am not sure if it was the dca who got his signatureicon or Bradford & Bingley I know that these people are in the wrong just have not got a clue where to start with it

Thanks in advance

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative JonCris Authoritative

Cagger since
    May 2006

I seem to recall that B&B no longer exist

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    May 2006

As I said I don't think B&B exist Welcome to Bradford & Bingley

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

looks like they still do the morage site of things

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

They have been phoning my father he asked to se his signatureicon The lady said they may not have it so should be good to se what these clowns come back with

Basic Account Holder Killerschick Informative Killerschick Informative Killerschick Informative Killerschick Informative

Cagger since
    Sep 2006
    I am in
    London

Perhaps a Subject access requesticon to Bradford and Bingley might be a good tool here to find out what has happened over the years, particularly after your parents seperated as it is not known whether your mother did something to acknowledge the debt (like making payments) which could be considered to be acknowledgement on behalf of both parties.

The other benefit of this is that the mortgageicon is very old and they may have difficulty proving the debt so you could potentially get rid of the whole thing rather than just take issue with the actions of the agency collecting it.

KC

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Thanks guys sorry its a late reply father has received a call the other day, saying that he owed money from mortgageicon. think they were from Bradford & Bingley he managed to put the phone down but I think he confirmed dob and stuff. as father doesn't think straight sometimes. he then received a letter saying that the house he lived in was sold for less money and the want the remainder.
    The number he had to call was 08448921912 My father says he is worried in case they come to the house Even though I have explain the law to him.

I cant beleave that people can get away with this I know that my mam would never have paid them as she was going to fight them to the end my mam did pay a something as my father must have signed something

I do have a folder with lots of letters in I think i will have a look at these se what's there

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Hi people I know its been a while father is now been contacted by a new DCAicon.I think is he gets really worried in case someone comes to the house. I don't live far way but he just doesn't understand.
    I have blocked these people on his call blocker now

I know my late mother was paying for him. thing is he may be able to get legal aid but he worries about money and he wont go out the house. they have still Not provided a signatureicon I did speak to a legal person they said its quite hard to prove.

I told him to ignore them but maybe i should try and explain the legal side to them but an ex solicitor did write some letters to them and they was saying its still not barred i am sure the courts would like this. Thing is I have lots of stress/anxiety too so it doesn't help.

I don't think they would take him to court anyway now as lots of time has gone by.

thanks guys

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE