possible barred old mortgage loan

superg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Perhaps a subject access request to Bradford and Bingley might be a good tool here to find out what has happened over the years, particularly after your parents seperated as it is not known whether your mother did something to acknowledge the debt (like making payments) which could be considered to be acknowledgement on behalf of both parties.

The other benefit of this is that the mortgage is very old and they may have difficulty proving the debt so you could potentially get rid of the whole thing rather than just take issue with the actions of the agency collecting it.

KC :)

• 2 years later...

Thanks guys sorry its a late reply father has received a call the other day, saying that he owed money from mortgage. think they were from Bradford & Bingley he managed to put the phone down but I think he confirmed dob and stuff. as father doesn't think straight sometimes. he then received a letter saying that the house he lived in was sold for less money and the want the remainder.

The number he had to call was 08448921912 My father says he is worried in case they come to the house Even though I have explain the law to him.

I cant beleave that people can get away with this I know that my mam would never have paid them as she was going to fight them to the end my mam did pay a something as my father must have signed something

I do have a folder with lots of letters in I think i will have a look at these se what's there

• 11 months later...

Hi people I know its been a while father is now been contacted by a new dca.I think is he gets really worried in case someone comes to the house. I don't live far way but he just doesn't understand.

I have blocked these people on his call blocker now:-)

I know my late mother was paying for him. thing is he may be able to get legal aid but he worries about money and he wont go out the house. they have still Not provided a signature I did speak to a legal person they said its quite hard to prove.

I told him to ignore them but maybe i should try and explain the legal side to them but an ex solicitor did write some letters to them and they was saying its still not barred i am sure the courts would like this. Thing is I have lots of stress/anxiety too so it doesn't help.

I don't think they would take him to court anyway now as lots of time has gone by.

thanks guys