Swinton Insurance Clime Help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident on 07-05-2009 in Poland. Since that time I’ve been trying to get any answer from the SWINGTON and HSBC insurance company:eek:. We are still waiting for the end of the case and its final effect:!::!:.

When I was on vacation by car registered and insured in SWINGTON insurance to Europe I have caused collisions with another vehicle because of poor weather conditions in Poland. Because of that my car was insured as well as outside of UK I used SWINGTON and HSBC emergency number , unfortunately, have not received any aid:eek:. I had to pay for the lorry on my own pocket:!:, also SWINGTON could not tell me which the Polish insurer cooperates with SWINGTON:!: . I also had to pay for the valuation of the damaged of car and car park:!:. In addition, all documents had been sent to the insurer over 3 months ago. :!:

After repeated dialing and writing e-mails and wasted time hanging on the phone still did not get any response. The another important thing is that SWINGTON and HSBC collecting money for insurance of our total loss car we haven't used since accident.

I would like to warn you before using the services of SWINGTON and HSBC they are not responsible:!: and competent institution that pulls and cheating people:!:. Telephone service is hopeless:(, you can not get any information or assistance :(. Do not follow the cheap prices offered by the insurance of SWINGTON and HSBC. Better choose other insurance that is certain and more responsible.:!: WHAT CAN BE DONE TO quickly complete THIS ISSUE:!:

Hi

Did you take out additional cover for your trip? Most insurers only include cover on a third party basic in Europe ( you often have to pay an additional fee to upgrade to comprehensive cover) this really means that you have very little cover.

I would suggest that you follow the complinat procedure outlined in your policy booklet ( would also be on swintons website) If you had the cover and have had to pay costs yourself due to a lack of service/misadvice then you may be able to claim costs back.

As for no car on cover - Can you suspend or even cancel the insurance? This should no affect your claim as this happened whilst you were insured. Some companies allow you to suspend cover, it may mean that you carry on paying you direct debits however they normally refund you part of the premium once you put a new car on cover ( normally done by adjusting your direct debits and spread the refund over this)

Hello

Do what Cazzswfc says and follow their complaints procedure. It is on their website with addresses etc.

First step is a letter to Head Office in Manchester. Send it recorded delivery. Do not trust them, put everything in writing from now on.

If you try to cancel the insurance they will no doubt hit you with their £50 cancellation charge - if they do complain about that to head office too.

I know a few people on here (including me) who have won against Swinton by following complaints procedure. But if that fails go to FOS.

I hate them because they tried to rip off my parents who are pensioners.

good luck

Jan