Notice of attendance to seize goods this wednesday- help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am furious, I got home on Friday to discover a notice of attendance to seize goods from Jacobs Bailiffs for unpaid council tax. Firstly, I raised a dispute with the council because they have received and cashed 4 cheques from me but not allocated to my account, I rang and explained this on the 24th septemeber and they said they would hold action providing I brought bank statements in to prove it, I rang back the following week because of the times I work was struggling to get in and they gave me a fax no. to send them through on, which I did. That was over a month ago and I've heard nothing since until this.

Stupdly I rang the bailiff in a panicto explain this account was in dispute and ended up getting annoyed telling him he would not get in my house and that I am going in to see the council to sort it out. I also rang the council and they say they haven't received my fax!!! I didnt have all my paperwork in front of me with the fax no. and everything on so said I would call back today, I want to complain to the Finance Director as because of their complete lack of inability to deal with this, Im now having to fobb off a Bailiff... Just a bit of advice please, firstly if this account was already in dispute can they pass to a bailiff and secondly is the Finance Director the best person to complain to or someone else?

You should complain to the local authority Ombudsman. Also you should stop talking to people on the phone unless you record your calls.

Thirdaly, I suggest that you tek the evidence to the council offices. Give them a copy and get a receipt or at least the name of the person you deal with and then confirm in wirting that you have delivered what they need.

If you have to take time off work then include this and any other expenses in your complain to the LAO

Thank you for your advice. I took the stuff in and gave it to a lady called Bianca who I said I would deal with from now on. She rang me back yesterday afternoon to say that they would hold Bailiff action pending their accounts dept reconciling the payments.... Thats nice of them isn't it, considering it's their inadequacy in the first place.

She also confirmed that the fax no I had been given was the correct one and even though I had a receipt showing the faxes went on the 30/9 and again on the 15/10, the paperwork had been lost... She did apologise but not much I can do about that I guess. Will put in a complaint to the Local Authority Ombudsmans as you suggested though.