police wont arrest bailiff for fraud!

ozric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give a bit of advice.....I recently had a lot of hassle from Phillips bailiffs over a parking ticket for a vehicle i dont own but with my registration..well thats what i'm told,...i've never seen any fine!

Phillips first knocked on my door over a year ago, i told them their facts were wrong,..go away.

Next visit by them i spoke to Camden council and explained, their response was deal with the bailiffs..helpful..!

Next visit i sent in a Data Prot' Act request,..and got no reply,..this was about 6 months ago,...so about 4 months ago i wrote to Phillips after getting more and more stupid bills for a car i dont own and put the matter in legal dispute.

The other day another odd bod from Phillips came to my house,...i started videoing him and he refused to give me his ID, in fact he never said a word,...just stood there....bloody odd...refused to show me any legal right he had to collect any money from me,...and then i phoned the police,

Under the fraud act a disputed matter cannot be acted on,....so....i waitd an hour and then noticed the baillif on the phone,...turns out it was to the police,...and they just told him to go,....i phoned the police to ask what the hll was going on only to be told the police wanted me to get a solicitor to phone them on my behalf and tell them what the law is.

I explained my legal right to self presentation and was told that they do not feel that arresting him for fraud as relevant!!!!!!!

SO...can anyone help...am i mad or IS there a law for bailiffs and a seperate law for the rest of us?

Can anyone give 'legal' advice??

I'm considering a complaint to the PCC

Can anyone give a bit of advice.....I recently had a lot of hassle from Phillips bailiffs over a parking ticket for a vehicle i dont own but with my registration..well thats what i'm told,...i've never seen any fine!

Phillips first knocked on my door over a year ago, i told them their facts were wrong,..go away.

Next visit by them i spoke to Camden council and explained, their response was deal with the bailiffs..helpful..!

Next visit i sent in a Data Prot' Act request,..and got no reply,..this was about 6 months ago,...so about 4 months ago i wrote to Phillips after getting more and more stupid bills for a car i dont own and put the matter in legal dispute.

The other day another odd bod from Phillips came to my house,...i started videoing him and he refused to give me his ID, in fact he never said a word,...just stood there....bloody odd...refused to show me any legal right he had to collect any money from me,...and then i phoned the police,

Under the fraud act a disputed matter cannot be acted on,....so....i waitd an hour and then noticed the baillif on the phone,...turns out it was to the police,...and they just told him to go,....i phoned the police to ask what the hll was going on only to be told the police wanted me to get a solicitor to phone them on my behalf and tell them what the law is.

I explained my legal right to self presentation and was told that they do not feel that arresting him for fraud as relevant!!!!!!!

SO...can anyone help...am i mad or IS there a law for bailiffs and a seperate law for the rest of us?

Can anyone give 'legal' advice??

I'm considering a complaint to the PCC

It seems to me yet again that ordinary people are expected to be abused and ordered about by so called people that abuse their position. You have the right to be heard. I doubt you are mad, but this money making system of unacountable profit making is getting out of control and could easily lead to any one losing control. Stick with it and I wish you well..

• 1 month later...
i phoned the police to ask what the hll was going on only to be told the police wanted me to get a solicitor to phone them on my behalf and tell them what the law is.

You dont need a solicitor, the law is black & white, and police cannot claim ignorance of the law. Section 4 of the Crimninal Law Act 1967.

Lords Hansard text for 20 Apr 200720 Apr 2007 (pt 0001) under Crime Fraud.

I will suggest your cop is in need of some re-training.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

Sorry cant give you any advice but I can sympathise. The police in my area have absolutely no clue about Bailiff law.

I had a dreadful experience with a bailiff,we called the police, they attended and they did naff all to the point of suggesting that we let him in :( this was depsite him trying to use force to get in the house, adding all kinds of fees on despite the fact he didnt have a levy, him refusing to show any ID, give us him name, provide any paperwork, need I go on. Oh and by this point we had been paying for months and months and only owed £150 (disputed fees) off a £1900 bill.

I tried and tried to get the police to take action but the constant reply was "it is a civil matter".

This civil matter has resulted in me being too scared to open the front door of MY house to anyone who I dont know.

Sorry to any decent policeman but in my experience the police are pathetic when it comes to Bailiffs.