Final Notice Unpaid Council Tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i got a final demand for my council tax,it was dated 19th October received on the 22nd October i emailed them about it and got a email on reply 28th October stating if the outstanding balance was not paid within the next 7 days failuree to make this payment will result in a court summons for non payment of the council tax being issued,and costs of £55 will be applied to cover the costs of the summons and court proceedings.

My question is on the Final Notice it says you may wish to consider paying by direct debit to avoid further reminders.

I rang the council and asked them if i could make arrangements to set up a direct debit payment or any other payment method,the woman that i got through to said there was no way i could set up a payment method once the summons had been issued.

I pointed out to her that the summons had not been issued and would be issued on the 2nd November but she was adament that a payment method could not be set up to pay the by direct debit or any other method after the summons was issued but the summons had not been issued,i thought or is the final notice a summons as they seem to be saying.

Or was i given the wrong advice over the phone.

Thank for reading this and any advice will be welcome.

barns66

if you can pay do it by internet banking using the details on the ctax bill

that way they cannot refuse it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...