Council Tax Final Demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just received a Final Demand from our local Council demanding £1274 in the next 7 days or they will seek an order from the local magistrate. My wife contacted them a couple of weeks ago and offered them £50 per month but they said that they wanted £367 per month. We are currently, like many others, experiencing financial difficulty, my wife's pay goes to pay our rent and a bank loan, so mini has to pay for everything else.

Is there any action that we can take, other than paying it off or filing for bankruptcy? If they do apply for an order, do they have to tell me when it goes to the magistrates and is there anything that we can do? What happens if they get an order? The only way that I can see any way out is to stop paying my bank loan for 3 or 4 months, after all, they owe me about £6k in bank charges, but what would they do if I cancelled their direct debit.

I guess that we are not as badly off as some of the people on here, but it feels bad enough to us, my wife is getting really stressed.

you have had your pay up in 7 days letter you should now get a letter from the council saying they are taking you to court to get a liability order you will be told the time and date for this

the council will get the order (you dont have to go to court if you dont want to )

the council will then put the debt in the hands of a baillif

this is very good advice from Happy Contrails

DEALING WITH BAILIFFS ON YOUR DOORSTEP

1. ALWAYS! Keep your door LOCKED SHUT at all times. NEVER open the door to a bailiff - speak to him through a window or the letterbox

2. ALWAYS! Hide your car - in the garage or park it well away

3. ALWAYS! Take photographs of the bailiff and his vehicle, even better use a camcorder and video-record EVERYTHING

4. ALWAYS! Speak as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE and let the bailiff do the talking

5. ALWAYS! Ask for his bailiff's certificate number

6. ALWAYS! Ask which court issued his certificate

7. ALWAYS! Ask for a full breakdown of his fees IN WRITING

8. ALWAYS! Ask who the creditor is (if you don't know)

9. ALWAYS! Pay using a credit card, avoid cash and debit cards if possible

10. ALWAYS! If you have grounds, get an appeal lodged immediately (parking tickets) - it stops enforcement

1. NEVER! Sign any documents handed to you by a bailiff

2. NEVER! Phone a bailiff (unless asking him which Court issued his certificate)

3. NEVER! Admit any debt

4. NEVER! Say or "confirm" your name address or date of birth

If you feel intimidated or a bailiff threatened to break in then call police on 999. Remember that door remains LOCKED SHUT until the bailiff is a safe distance from your property. You DO NOT have to open the door to police.

Get everything on video, it can be used in court: This is what happens to bailiffs who threaten you with a locksmith - YouTube - Rossendales Bailiffs

i will sent you a PM in 5 min