Council Tax - Paying Back Single Occupancy Discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help. I had been receiving Single Occupancy discount when my new partner moved in - he never stayed with me 100% of his time so I never registered him on my council tax form. His time was split between me and his mother. I now realise that this doesn't matter and as he used my address as his mailing address I should not have been receiving rebate. Can I get in touch with Council and pay back the discount or will I be prosecuted? I don't know what to do, can't just ignore it but I am ill at the thought of being prosecuted - Does anyone have any advise?

Hi this may be dependent on your council my niece is living in a flat single occupancy her boyfriend uses her address as a care of address for his mail and stays with her when on leave from his job( works abroad not in this country more than 90 days in financial year). She informed council and they have written to her to say she still classed as single occupancy with respect to her council tax.

I should state that I do not know the maximum number of days at any one time he stays in this country and how that would effect the council tax.

dpick