summons for non payment of non domestic rates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help,please.

in august 2009 i've applied to companies house to srike off the company.i was told it may take up to 4 months for it to be strike off.i have a court summons on 17/11/09 and i want to go for hearing and declare that i am no loger trading.will i have to pay rates due for this year?help..

If the whole amount for the year has become due and payment is not made in full, you will be summonsed to the Magistrates' Court where the Authority will apply for a Liability Order. A summons is a legal notice requiring that your case appear before the Magistrates' Court. You are entitled to attend Court; however, there is no need to do so unless you dispute that you are liable to pay the Non-Domestic Rates. Please note, inability to pay is not a defence.

Valid defences are:

• You are not liable for the period as stated on the demand notice.
  • The Non Domestic Rate has not been demanded in accordance with the statutory regulations.
  • The amount demanded has been paid in full.
  • More than six years has elapsed since the day on which the charge became due.
  • Bankruptcy (including Individual Voluntary Arrangements) receivership or winding up proceedings have been initiated.

I am not sure if that also means voluntarily winding up or an order for winding up.