Letter of complaint to the council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is in the right section.

Basically, i have been on the council waiting list for 12yrs, i have had 5 property viewings since june this year and was given any to rent, on one occassion a 16yr old girl was given one of them.

I even have a run down of how long the waiting lists are, and on my band the longest wait was 9yrs.

I wrote to the council politely but complained of my situation, the following day i get a phonecall from the council telling me that 12yrs isn't long to wait, and that run down i have is just a guide (although it doesn't say this on the form) I asked him to give me what he was saying in writing as i would be taking it higher until i got to the ombusman, he agreed he would.

As yet i haven't received a reply in writing and am just wondering what my next course of action would be, do i write to the council again asking them to look at my complaint again or do i go straight to the ombusman?

On the original letter i did say i would appreciate a response within 28days, and although i had a response it was verbally.

Thanks

Unfortunately there is little, if anything, that can be done.

The Local Government Ombudsman only deals with matters of maladministration causing injustice which would be for example where a Penalty Charge Notice was sent to the wrong car owner. This isn't a case of maladministration causing injustice, so there is nothing you can really do.

I'd try CAB if I were you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)