style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i owe the council £1 ,500 im paying £25 a week which is alot out of my benifit money , £ 16 of that is for my water rates and service charges so that mean only £7 of that is paying my arrears off , i have two children ,recently i missed two payment so that i could do something with my children in the summer hoildays the council then phoned me and said i have to pay up if not they threatned me with the socail services saying that my children will be at risk as ill have no were to live , im really worried i wish i could borrow the full amount but im worried this will get me in more mess than im in this situation is really getting me down and i dunno what to do please help

You will need to say where you are on the arrears recovery process.

Have you had a Notice Seeking Possession served on you?

Have you been taken to Court? If so what order did the Judge give (if any)?

The only way that Social Services could become involved is if you were evicted. It is very unlikely that you would be evicted if you have been making attempts to pay even if you have missed a couple of weeks payments. My advice at the moment is to start making your £25 weekly payments again if you have not already done so.

If you can let me know more about what previous action has been taken by the Council then I can give you some more specific advice.

Also, what services are you being charged for? HB should pay for service charges for Council tenancies as long as it is for a block service rather than for your individual property i.e. gas or electric provided for your flat/house. I know where I work HB covers all service charges and tenants on full HB just need to pay water rates.