Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sallysas Informative sallysas Informative sallysas Informative sallysas Informative sallysas's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default Costco membership

This may be a silly one but as I work for the council I can join the above. I go once a month and spend roughly 200 on essentials like tins, pasta, cheese, bread which I find saves me a fortune on going to supermarkets. I can't get everything I want there (icecream for one) but only buying fruit and vegetables for the rest of the month with very little else I find we manage and at 50 per week for the 4 of us is good value.

If I don't need to spend that much on essentials we have a few treats which is lovely........... I bought a case of hobgoblin on offer for 10 this week and some chocolate. Last of the big spenders me.

It costs me 30 per year to join.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED
    2nd visa LBA sent
    halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Costco membership

the membership page clearly states u have to be a business owner or manager who can clearly provide proof of business.

http://www.costco.co.uk/Membership_h...rship_home.htm

Costco Wholesale UK Ltd, UK Home Office Hartspring Lane, Watford, Herts WD25 8JS
    Registered No. 2635489

• Substantially reduced prices
    • Wide range of quality branded products
    • High quality fresh foods departments, including fresh meat, produce and bakery
    • Purchase supplies and resale merchandise from one source
    • Immediate availability - Open 7 days a week
    • Exclusive early shopping hours for Trade members only
    • Warehouse is self service with products packaged and sold in bulk quantities
    • No hidden charges - All prices are posted excluding and including VAT
    • Pay with cash, company or personal cheque, or debit cards
    • Membership is valid at all of our 555 locations worldwide

Costco is an exclusive wholesale cash and carry membership warehouse club and is not open to the general public. Membership is required. You are eligible for trade membership if you are a bonafide business owner/manager who can provide evidence of trading. Follow our Trade membership tab above for further details.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sallysas Informative sallysas Informative sallysas Informative sallysas Informative sallysas's Avatar

I joined as an individual member which is open to me as a local government officer. There must be other ways to qualify if people want to enquire. Except for weekends you have no access before 12:00pm presumably to allow trade people greater access to goods/checkouts.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder 082stewie Novitiate 082stewie's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2008

[quote=The GodMother;2478004]the membership page clearly states u have to be a business owner or manager who can clearly provide proof of business.

Hiya, I joined Costco about a year ago. I am a director of a business but I did see a sign that if you work for local counsil, police, fire services, NHS etc you can apply to join.

Once you have joined you can add additional members onto your card as secondary holders. You can include anyone you like. I had to add my mother inlaw onto ours.

We do a monthly shop and the quality of the meat is much higher than Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury. Friendly and well trained staff.

As long as you are happy to have 50000000 toilet rolls at once, its a damm good bargain!

Stew

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I've got how many sheets/rolls?????????????? No wonder it lasts almost 12 months then.

Have you ever tried one of their personally ordered cakes? Yes 13 for such a size seems very cheap but the QUALITY is superb. I have ordered 4 in the last year and can state that for freshness and general yummyness they can't be beaten.

Except for the supermarket christmas offers on Baileys etc I will be getting my christmas spirits there. They were selling boxes of Thorntons chocolate at roughtly half-price if I have got the right sizes. Only 3 weeks and I can go again. 6 for a large kilner jar of chocolate brazils............

Thanks for the info on who qualifies - I think you can have 2 additional cardholders.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2006

Blog Entries

Yup. I'm a Costco member too. I love it.

I even love the Pizzas they sell in the canteen!

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother Authoritative The GodMother's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

I dont qualify but i dont have one near me.

I do ue booker tho they are similar but i can go in on a day pass.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2006

Costco Rocks, I am a member through a friend who has his own business, this means that I can go in from opening times, can confirm that the meat is superior and cheaper, but know supermarket prices before you co and yes, the pizzas rock and the cakes are 10 for a HUGE one, and they are delicious!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled
    Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled
    Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Blog Entries

*Bookie wonders who she knows who has their own business.*

And LULA!!! What are you doing buying these huge cakes?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

And then there are the money-off vouchers which they post to you. It is a litre of Tia Maria for 10, stewing steak for 3 a pack, cadbuty drinking chocolate (1 litre) selling at 15% off - so only going to cost me 3.56. Quaker Oat so simple (twin pack) at 2.99 - going to stock up on those.

Going to do an on-line check but the brevill handblender VHB011 at 28.74 may be a good buy. Oooooohhhhhhhhhh and the smoked salmon/trout is pretty good too not to mention the sushi tray - havn't bought it yet but I promised my youngest it would go on our 'treats' list for christmas if not before.

What about the fancy breads - croissants, belgium buns, tear-and-share brioche. Oh well only 3 weeks before I get to go again.

I have always wanted to try Dom Perignon champagne and If I've got the name right they sell that at 17 a bottle (is that without vat I wonder) - it's normally 36 in supermarkets, so my treat for Christmas Day or for New Years Eve when I'm watching Jools Hollands Hooternanay (how do you spell it?).

Lulu - only 10 - did you hit the wrong number. They do keep though don't they - it took the 4 of us over a week to eat the last one - still don't understand how the sponge and cream stayed good BUT THEY DID.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci Authoritative sequenci's Avatar

Blog Entries

I'm off to Costco on Saturday.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post

And LULA!!! What are you doing buying these huge cakes?
    It was for my nephews 1st birthday last year, honest guv !

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Quote Originally Posted by sequenci View Post
    I'm off to Costco on Saturday.
    I might see you there then

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Perhaps my missing posts will be there !

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm Highly authoritative Bookworm's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Blog Entries

Nah, they're long gone, latest theory is that Webby sold them for beer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    I might see you there then
    I go to the one in Brummieland

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

ahhh Watford

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Will you be having lunch there - I can recommend the jacket potatoes.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Follows
    Following

SCalibur

The thing about costco imo, there is actually very little that is cheaper these days than your average tesco/asdas, back about 4-5 years ago then yeah costco had quite a few better deals but i guess can't keep up with the big giants...still i must admit i miss there pizza ..yum lol

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Yeah - some things like coke and breakfast cereals etc when on offer in supermarkets can be dearer at Costco but overall I find them a lot cheaper so really surprised to hear you think that they are not worth considering. Hey-ho, each to their own.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details