DX Secure 0844 277 3333

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I received an anonymous-looking postcard addressed to me by my first name, not by my surname as well.

It started off with the We have an important delivery for you that requires a signature hokum; but it looks suspicous.

Where there would be a full name, it just has my title and first name; not my surname.

Where there is space for a postcode, this is left blank.

On turning the card over, I note that the date for which the item is available is blank.

I note that there is further bumps pointing to the web site which is www.thedx.co.uk/delivery where you are invited to post in a reference number which takes the form of DX 0000 0000 0GB (where 0 stands for any number between 0 and 9).

The phone number quoted is that of the one in the title of the post and the time and date of the delivery is left blank.

Are these Edit trying to catch people out? I understand that they do rather a lot of bulk mailing for the government.

There are conflicting views about what they will and will not deliver; for example, some popular websites positon them as delivering visa and other credit cards, while their own web sites state categorically that they do not ever undertake to deliver such items.

I have looked around the internet and cannot seem to find anything to identify who these people are, so I think it is worth drawing everyone's attention to this, as it could save people a great deal of grief.

Edited by saintly_1
Removal of inappropriate terminology

For behold henceforth all DCAs face a vigorous envanquishment.

SLC must be Reduced by any means necessary.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no postage details on it, particularly.

DX Secure is itself a postal company that offers an alternative service to that of the Royal Mail.

I do have my suspicions about them.

Their full address is:

Secure Mail Services Lt. Registered in England and Wales N. 04072377, Registered Office DX House, Ridgeway, Iver, Buckinghamshire SL0 9JQ.

They do seem rather worrying, partly due to the incompleteness of the postcard, but also the rather sinister anonymity this entails.

There was a piece on watchdog last week about people getting these, when they phoned the number they were asked to pay £2.50 via cc to have the goods redelivered.

It was a [problem] and people have lost thousands of pounds.

It certainly sounds suspicious to me, which is why I thought I would post it here.

Google might pick up the details I posted in my original post; which hopefully will give others the heads-up when investigating the matter for themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I've just stumbled across this thread after receiving a card from DX - it has my name etc on it and I've just rearranged a delivery to my work address via their website - I'm waiting for gig tickets so got a little bit excited! I just wondered if any original posters had any further experience with DX Secure?

Thanks,

Steph

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect DX itself is a [problem], even without dodgy characters trying to pretend to be them. I got a card on Saturday delivered when I was at home - they did not buzz the doorbell to try to deliver the Home Office documents they were meant to get to me. When you call, you are CHARGED for the line and then they try to force you to pay a fee to have a timed delivery. If you do not want to pay, they will only give you an eight-hour window, and it has to be from Monday to Friday, and at your home address, and in office hours. So for vast majority, impossible - forcing you to pay or else go to one of their pick-up centres which in my case will be a three hour round trip which again has to be done on one alloted day, or else your item will be removed. And they don't even tell you when during that allotted day the item will arrive! It is I believe actual blackmail - they have your Home Office documents, and they will do everything they can to force you to ring up (making them cash) and then finally in emotional exhaustion, to pay for the timed delivery. Outrageous that the Home Office is using such an organisation.

It sounds as though this 'DX Secure' is deliberately trying to create confusion with the Document Exchange (DX) system using in the legal world.

May be worth reporting to Trading Standards.

If they are asking for £2.50 then it is definitely a [problem]. Send it straight off to Trading Standards. It might even be of interest to the police as this sort of [problem] happens occasionally.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Customer Services 0844 2775511* (Unable to call

0844, please dial 01753 631 280)

Customer Services (DX Secure products)0844 277 3333*

(Unable to call 0844, please dial 01604 496 798

Edited by kiptower

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

• 3 months later...

I have had the pleasure????????? of dealing with this company on two occasions, firstly with getting some tickets for an event (finally delivered to a work address and then stolen) and this time with a passport (GB) delivered twice, at home both times, still no passport, still waiting.

This is not a [problem] but a company that tries to hide behind anonymity so that no one can complain. The service may work for solicitors and the like who have constantly manned reception desks, but for private addresses it is a less than useless service.

The ticket companies do not care about non delivery, they have had their money and the passport office is a government department. Say no more.

A point of contact.

John Coghlan

Chief Executive Officer and Director, DX Group Ltd.

DX House

Iver, Buckinghamshire SL0 9JQ

United Kingdom

Phone: 44 1753 630 630

Fax: 44 1753 631 631

Maybe enough letters may do the trick

• 3 weeks later...

A week ago (10th) I returned home to find a DX Secure card as previously described in this forum. I couldn't think of anything I was expecting at the time but decided to contact the company. Rather than ring a 0844 number I opted for the web address on the internet.

I followed all the directions, entering the tracking number etc and was given options of delivery dates for re-delivery. I chose the earliest date I would be available all day (16th).

Today at 1pm the item was delivered. A package from QVC which I wasn't expecting until the 23rd March.

Yes I was asked for proof of identity (strange considering it was my home address) but all I can say is that DX is in my experience a bona fide delivery company and not a [problem].

Please stop looking for conspiracy theories.:cool:

Morning

This lot appear to be the old SMS . . Secure Mail Service . . they deal with things like Credit Card/Ticket/Passport deliveries (among other things)

I have a regular courier that delivers here who I believe is from them, next chance I get I'll try to get confirmation

However knowing the dodgy practices used by DCA's I can understand the caution

R

As I thought . . the courier confirmed that DX/SMS are one and the same . . he deals with redirected CC's/Passports that could not be delivered to peoples home addresses due to them being at work

R

Edited by Revenant
Blue message added

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Morning

This lot appear to be the old SMS . . Secure Mail Service . . they deal with things like Credit Card/Ticket/Passport deliveries (among other things)

I have a regular courier that delivers here who I believe is from them, next chance I get I'll try to get confirmation

However knowing the dodgy practices used by DCA's I can understand the caution

R

As I thought . . the courier confirmed that DX/SMS are one and the same . . he deals with redirected CC's/Passports that could not be delivered to peoples home addresses due to them being at work

R

:!: I should know by now that editing a message doesn't "bump" it up again :confused:

The courier delivers to my Building at least twice a week and has been doing so for over a year so his info is accurate and he has no reason to tell porkies :-)

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that DX Secure does exist as I work for them and have done for the past 6 years. Its is not that we try to hide anything we are driven by what information our customers allow us to give out, are calling cards are genuine and we offer a high value, secure service for various companys and we deliver to home addresses but if you are not it then there is not a lot we can do so the best way to re-arrange a delivery is through the web. We try our best to get the delivery to you but you are a difficult bunch to satifiy and we cant please everyone can as I say we are a geuniue company and not a fraund or [problem].

• 2 weeks later...

Hi . New to this site but felt i had to post here. My brother in law works as a delivery driver for DX and has done so for a few years. They deliver everything from Home office documents to items purchased from shopping channels and lots else too. hope this helps a little

• 4 months later...

Well, we shall see - Had a postcard through the door at 8.30am this morning. Interestingly I am expecting 2 things - a parcel from QVC-see post#15 but also a threatend SD albeit a SB Account, but that has not stopped them before.

Being of a suspicious nature thanks to DCAs I did a search and interestingly this thread jumped out at me. Going to go through the website now to arrange a new delivery time. Will update later.

• 5 months later...

hear hear, i also have worked for them for 10yrs+. deliver up to 100 items a day, usually clear 95% plus. only occassionally leave the dreaded cards when client requires mandatory signature or consider it not secure. if i post an item and it goes missing it costs me 150quid! bit rough when only getting about 60p for delivering it! Not the best job in the world for not the best company in the world but generally delivering good things to people and nothing underhand or in conspiracy with the csa

In my experience this company is legit, in that it delivers for QVC. However, having said that I had cause for complaint as they never appear to 'want to bring their delivery to your attention!' and by that I mean, their first delivery attempt then card was very obtuse in that I never heard them and was in all day. I arranged 2 further delivery dates through the website (free within a 5 hour window) - on the first attempt a card through the door but definitely no knock or ring. The second 'attempt' never happened - it was Christmas Eve and I waited by the window and when no delivery had been made by 2pm I telephoned to be told 'a delivery was attempted at 10.19 am' Funny that as I sat by the window (my sister provided 'comfort breaks'!. Upon further investigation, no-one in my area got a delivery and it was later admitted that the driver took a half day off, telling all customers they were not in!!. So no delivery until after Christmas, I was up and about the next delivery day, and caught the card on the mat and a private car driving away. I managed to telephone and they contacted the driver to return, he was 4 miles away.!!

I sent in a formal complaint and just received the usual 'sorry, we will look into it' by post.

Since then I have had 2 deliveries from QVC via DX which have been successful. I now have a note I put on the front door if expecting a delivery via these people that they should knock loudly and ring the bell and then WAIT and give me time to answer the door!!

dont doubt you (some of my colleagues can be prats):sad: but i can honestly say the process to deliver is quicker than not delivering and leaving a card. do not know what he/she gains by not delivering. a 2nd call for redelivery invariably takes longer. id check etc. the 4 miles is interesting though, there may be the problem. imagine doing 4 miles between deliveries on 100 drops. its supposed to be multi drop but generally turning into occasional drop, average 1 mile + between drops. and paid per delivery not hourly. sooner your done the better. only way to make money is speed up and do more deliveries.:|