PO Box 114, E1 8HL Any Idea who this is?

closeshave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just returned home to find an envelope behind the door addressed to my old married name from some 8 years ago (not been used since 2001, when divorced). I have not opened the envelope but it does have a return address as PO Box No 114, London E1 8HL I wondered if anyone had any idea what this address is? Any help would be gratefully received. I am going to write on the envelope "Not Known at this address, return to sender".. and put it back in the post.

I did have a problem with old debts from my previous husband but thought they had all been sorted now, it looks like this could either be another one or one trying again because they cannot get anything out of my ex.

Thanks

Do you think i would be better to just send this back with not known at this address on it or would you open it? I am just bothered that if i dont send it back they will take that as meaning they have made contact and will continue, and once i have opened the letter then i cant un-open it, if you know what i mean...... I know that the RBS did chase my ex for a debt and then came after myself, I actually lost my prevous job of 10 yrs because the RBS put the debt with Turnbul Rutherford's who issued a summons to me via my work address and my previous employer was furious and sacked me..... This is relating to debts from 2001 I am thinking as I have never banked with RBS since my split with my ex and that was in 2001....... so surely whatever they are chasing after now would be expired as its longer than 6 years ago - or will they call the summons etc that they issued a couple of years back, as keeping the debt current. Turnbull Rutherford actually withdrew the summons and action from the Court because they had not lodged it correctly, you cannot lodge a domestic debt against a company address or company name (which is what they did)..... any help would be appreciated....

If there has been no acknowledgement of the debt or payment on it, then after six years, (I think that the period is shorter in Scotland), it becomes statute-barred.

This means that althought the debt is still owed, they cannot chase you for it once you've informed them that it is statute-barred and you will not be paying it.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 years later...
If there has been no acknowledgement of the debt or payment on it, then after six years, (I think that the period is shorter in Scotland), it becomes statute-barred.

This means that althought the debt is still owed, they cannot chase you for it once you've informed them that it is statute-barred and you will not be paying it.

Regards, Rooster.

Five years for this type of debt in Scotland.

20 years for council tax.

10 years for a decree.