Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder closeshave Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

Default PO Box 114, E1 8HL Any Idea who this is?

I have just returned home to find an envelope behind the door addressed to my old married name from some 8 years ago (not been used since 2001, when divorced). I have not opened the envelope but it does have a return address as PO Box No 114, London E1 8HL I wondered if anyone had any idea what this address is? Any help would be gratefully received. I am going to write on the envelope "Not Known at this address, return to sender".. and put it back in the post.

I did have a problem with old debts from my previous husband but thought they had all been sorted now, it looks like this could either be another one or one trying again because they cannot get anything out of my ex.

Thanks

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative

Cagger since
    Apr 2006

Default Re: PO Box 114, E1 8HL Any Idea who this is?

The Royal Bank of Scotlandicon plc
    PO Box 114
    LONDON
    E1 8HL

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

Thanks Michael

much appreciated.

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

Do you think i would be better to just send this back with not known at this address on it or would you open it? I am just bothered that if i dont send it back they will take that as meaning they have made contact and will continue, and once i have opened the letter then i cant un-open it, if you know what i mean...... I know that the RBSicon did chase my ex for a debt and then came after myself, I actually lost my prevous job of 10 yrs because the RBS put the debt with Turnbul Rutherford's who issued a summons to me via my work address and my previous employer was furious and sackedicon me..... This is relating to debts from 2001 I am thinking as I have never banked with RBS since my split with my ex and that was in 2001....... so surely whatever they are chasing after now would be expired as its longer than 6 yearsicon ago - or will they call the summons etc that they issued a couple of years back, as keeping the debt current. Turnbull Rutherford actually withdrew the summons and action from the Court because they had not lodged it correctly, you cannot lodge a domestic debt against a company address or company name (which is what they did)..... any help would be appreciated....

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

phising trip send it back unopened, if the debts are tha old they are stat barred anyway, unless you ex paid somethin in to them

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly
    ---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    I am in
    Heaven

If there has been no acknowledgement of the debt or payment on it, then after six years, (I think that the period is shorter in Scotland), it becomes statute-barred.
    This means that althought the debt is still owed, they cannot chase you for it once you've informed them that it is statute-barred and you will not be paying it.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.
    Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------
    Please donate,
    Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.
    FAQs....
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Bhuna76 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2010
    I am in
    Nottingham

This is also the address from which Natwesticon send out new Cash/Debit Cards.

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

Quote Originally Posted by Bhuna76 View Post
    This is also the address from which Natwesticon send out new Cash/Debit Cards.
    I think the OP will have sent it back by now... the thread's over two years old.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Bang! Informative Bang! Informative Bang! Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2012
    I am in
    continent (just taking the pi....

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster-UK View Post
    If there has been no acknowledgement of the debt or payment on it, then after six years, (I think that the period is shorter in Scotland), it becomes statute-barred.
    This means that althought the debt is still owed, they cannot chase you for it once you've informed them that it is statute-barred and you will not be paying it.

Regards, Rooster.
    Five years for this type of debt in Scotland.

20 years for council tax.

10 years for a decree.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE