Fixed Penalty Notice - Offence code and details dont match

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I was stopped this morning for being on the phone whilst driving. The Police officer issued me a fixed penalty ticket which I signed however when I got home I noticed that the offence code has been marked correct - but in the free text the offence has been entered as "failure to wear a seatbelt".

Is there anything I can do?

You cannot have points on your licence for a seatbelt offence, unless its something like carrying a passenger at danger which this is not.

Which force were you stopped by?

I only ask as in mine we have two distinct ticket books for endorseable and non endorseable offences.

I suspect that if you refuse to play ball you'll end up in court for the original offence.

That said, as only a humble traffic plod, there maybe more useful minds on here that may come up with another solution. Personally, I can't see one.

If you don't produce and pay, the ticket will most likely go back to the officer for a summons file to be created.

Edited by TD27
my punctuation had deserted me.....again.

If you don't produce and pay, the ticket will most likely go back to the officer for a summons file to be created.

No, that's not how an FPN works.

If you decide not to pay, then you must take positive action to elect for a Court hearing.

If you do nothing, then the fine will be enforced as though issued by the Court (IOW, effectively a default conviction)

Ok, well personally I'd take it on the chin.

You don't dispute you were on the phone, and I would expect any challenge may be met with a summons.

Thats my personal view, others may think differently.