Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Annoying Twit Novitiate Annoying Twit's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Default P. O. Box 140 Normanton

I've just received a letter for a previous occupant of my address. Long gone, quite a few years ago gone occupant.

The return address is P. O. Box 140 Normanton.

Upon googling the return address, I find this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ing-ppi-2.html

which seems to suggest that this P.O. Box belongs to some nasty debt collectionicon type organisation.

Any hints as to how to handle this?

Site Team silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

Default Re: P. O. Box 140 Normanton

Stick it back in the post with "not at this address" written on it

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Do you need debt advice? Check this out
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ts#post3625082

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

Britannia Personal Lending
    City House,
    City Road,
    Chester
    CH88 3AN

and also:

PO Box 140
    Normanton
    WF6 1YA

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Oh, that's the lender, not a DCAicon. A little less dodgy.

I put the (unopened) envelope back in the post "return to sender, not known at this address, no forwarding address". I've also called my local office of
    Britannia Personal Lending, and they're "looking into it".

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Britannia say that the address is not theirs, but that of a consumer crediticon advice company. Unfortunately I have already RTS'd the letter, so this ends here until the next letter arrives.

Basic Account Holder 007didder Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

Talking Re: P. O. Box 140 Normanton

It is also from where halifaxicon, send out there statements, letters from etc ??

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by 007didder View Post
    It is also from where halifaxicon, send out there statements, letters from etc ??

Yup it is

personally id open it. Anything that lands on my doorstep is my property.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.
    Thankyou.
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

yep defo halifaxicon i have sent about 20 letters back to them addressed to my stepson who does not live at my address

and i have 33 letter here that i haven't sent back because I'm fed up sending them back

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative palomino Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in
    Wiltshire

Quote Originally Posted by ashmk View Post
    personally id open it. Anything that lands on my doorstep is my property.
    It is unlawful to open mail addressed to another person (without that person's authority).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.
    You can also ding my gong if you prefer.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Huff&Puff Informative Huff&Puff Informative Huff&Puff Informative Huff&Puff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2008
    I am in
    Lundun Tahn

From the Postal Services Act 2000:

"A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person's detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.
    It is all a matter of intent.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by palomino View Post
    It is unlawful to open mail addressed to another person (without that person's authority).
    Not in my house

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.
    Thankyou.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder slyspy Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

it's where halifaxicon have sent my replacement cards from in the past

Basic Account Holder Bhuna76 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2010
    I am in
    Nottingham

halifaxicon!! Has been for a while.(among other things)

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

Britannia Personal Lending Ltd is part of BOSicon as is the halifaxicon.

Britannia Personal Lending Limited, City House, City Road, Chester, CH88 3AN. Registered in England, No. 3416733. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshireicon, HX1

Bank of Scotlandicon plc Account Management Services, City House, City Road, CH88 3AN, Phone: (1244) 696060,
    Chester X
    England

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Abby25 Informative Abby25 Informative Abby25 Informative Abby25's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Normanton is a halifaxicon (HBOS) processing centre - so any member of the group could be being administered from there - remember HBOSicon (and their subs) are now part of the Lloydsicon TSB group too.

Abs x

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2006
    I am in
    Doncaster

The Post Office database shows this as

H B O S plc
    PO Box 140
    NORMANTON
    WF6 1YA

Their actual address there is

HBOSicon Plc
    Mildred Sylvester Way
    Normanton
    Wakefield
    WF6 1TA

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star below to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.
    I've launched my CAG inspired site at http://hillards.webs.com/ for anyone who wants to know what the DCA's are really like, or what a CCA or SAR is... Lots of good reading!
    IMPORTANT: Take my advice on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, based upon knowledge gained. I am not a lawyer and have no legal standing
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Who Cares Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2011

I received an envelope from "PO BOX 140" today., and it is addressed to some woman who hasn't lived at my address in ages. I've never met her and I'm sure I wouldn't want to meet her anyway. So I did what I do with all mail I get which belongs to someone else, and that is I write "DECEASED - RETURN TO SENDER" on the front of it and pop it back in the mailbox. This really messes them up at the other end so they just close the account, end of.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Happyhippy1959 Novitiate Happyhippy1959 Novitiate Happyhippy1959's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    Southwest, usually, outer space alot of the time

Hey I like that one who cares, Nat West are looking for Mrs Hippy who skipped last year, (see my thread) had a letter for the occupier asking where Mrs Hippy was now,,,, have started a competition for the best reply. could well be up there... excellent

Happyhippy1959
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

Unlucky tho' if whoever reads is dyslexic, when they get it back they might see it as 'DISEASED - RETURNED TO SENDER'.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder tamer13 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

It's defantly halifaxicon

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE