Insurers not giving all years NCB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car insurance renewal is due. Last year I took out a policy with 3 years NCB from my previous company car insurance (I had to send off a letter proving my claim). Now on my renewal they have said I only have 1 year NCB on my personal policy and the 3 years NCB was introductory. The problem is that no other insurers will accept my 4 year NCB without it saying on my renewal form.

Is this right?

If I recall company car NCB is treated completely differently to that built up on your personal policy.

I would explain the situation to new insurers when you get quote and send off BOTH the 1 year personal NCB and 3 years company car NCB (if you didn't keep a copy you will need another letter).

If possible, try to find an insurer that will properly combine as NCB expires after 2 years, so your co car NCB will not be useless at next year's renewal.

-->> Supporting Dog Rescue <<--

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I have tried to find insurers that would combine to two but as you can imagine it's proving quite difficult.

All are saying they will only take the NCB from the renewal.

I have also tried to ask me current insurer to amend the renew to say 4 years NCB but getting blood out of a stone would be easier.

Overall annoying situation but running out of time to get it sorted.

As my policy is soon to be ending I’m currently battling for good quotes and to be honest I’m getting some ok offers so I might just settle are move on.

Answers to your questions about your no claims discounts (NCD)

I had NCD and was then given a company car. Can both these NCD histories be applied to my new policy?

We do try to ensure that you make the most of your claim-free driving history to find you the best price, and we will therefore link past driving histories. However, NCD earned more than 2 years ago cannot be taken into account.

We will also take into account NCD built up with a company car even if your previous insurer did not. Normal burdens of proof apply (see above).

This is the first one I found on a search. No idea if yesinsurance are any good though.....

-->> Supporting Dog Rescue <<--