style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Thanks for reading my post, I hpoe you can help me out a little...

Today I found a letter proudly hanging out of my letter box from Penham Excel Debt Collection stating I owe them over £600. Always how you want to end your working day!

Basically this was from a previous property where council tax was not paid. Not to put to fine a point on it a flat mate was responsiable for this and evidently didnt pay! I have since learnt never let anyone be responsable for a payment on my behalf. However, this is of no help now!

The letter is to me and another flat mate - I can only assume the 3rd person has paid his, not ours and given our adresses out (no we are no onger mates!)

Is the debt soley mine, am i responsiable for the whole amount or can i seperate the debt? Do I have to pay Penham Excell or can I go back to the council? Do I have any rights here?

The baliffs have visited my friend and said we have to pay the whole amount! Do they have to accept a payment plan? I dont have £300+ liquid cash so I am worried they will visit me and wack on some monumental amount - is this a reality?

I hope you guys can help

Danny

Thanks for the response!

So I am right in thinking I can refuse payment to the debt collection agency and go direct to the council? If i call them and tell them this can they still come round? Should I inform them? I have only once dealt with these people and they are pretty nasty!

Hi passportboy.

I'll move your thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert