Pinnacle Insurance, First National and a couple of DCA's all in one :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, hello to all, a most excellent site have definatley convinced me to have a stab at charges from lloyds and have sent a DPA letter (but thats another post which I shall start when its progressed a bit further)

So for now onward to this post (and ill appologise now cos its gonna be a long one).

on the 5th of October 2004 I brought a laptop from The Computer Shop (yup since gone bust) and which was to be payed on finance via First National / Trinity Finance (GE Capital / Money) whatever they want to call themselves. Now this was brought with payment protection insurance.

On the 31st of January 05 I was made redundant, however my ex employer disputed this and said I left of my own accord and ignored the request for information from pinnacle , as a result of which the insurance would not pay out.

Now I took them to tribunal and won, which they appealed and I won that as well, I sent the proof of this to pinnacle (this was now November of 05) and they excepted the claim and paid out on something else that happened to also be insured via them.

How ever (and this is were the fun starts) they told me that during the time this had been draggin on that First National had refunded the premium to them, they had also passed on to a debt collectors (Fleetwood) despite having been kept informed throughout as to the reasons the insurance and receiving intermittent payments even though as far as im concerned I wasn’t obligated to make any, the intermittent payments continued to Fleetwood who were also informed of everything.

Pinacle advised me that they were happy to pay out all back dated payments as soon as 1st Nat paid the premium again and reinstated the policy.

Letters and calls to 1st Nat resulted in me being told it was nothing to do with them any more and there was nothing they can do.

Fleetwood originally advised me to contact 1st Nat then said they would contact them themselves (though im not sure they ever did).

The debt was then passed to Aktiv Krapital, who again was advised of the situation and said they would speak with 1st Nat, I received a letter from them around the 20th of June this year (which I cant find at the moment) but I do know it included the line “ the insurance agreement was due to end in May 05” which it obviously wasn’t as the orginal agreement still had 3 years left on it and I would assume (will confirm shortly) that any PPI would run the full course of the agreement.

I sent them another letter asking them to explain why this is the case and asking for a statement of the account as the figure seemed to have raised quite a bit.

I received a response to this on the 28th June which just says

“Your recent communication in respect of the above account refers.

Please bear with us whilst we investigate this matter further”.

Now this was over a month ago so with any luck they have gone away (Aktiva have not had any money of me since they took over the debt as they never asked after I first sent them a letter) so with any luck they’ve gone away.

However should they get back to me and first national are still refusing to sort out the insurance problem were do I stand? (for reference the balance is approx £600, and were talking now at least 14 payments to be made by the insurance which would be £350)

Hopefully some of you have made it to the end of this and have actually been able to follow all my babbling and I look forward to any advice you may have :)

Many thanks,

Dave