Is e-mail a legit form of contact?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been e-mailing my local housing benefit department in dealing with a dispute of an overpayment.

Is e-mail an acceptable/ legal form of contact?, i`m trying to prove a point. Back in 07 i sent an e-mail regarding important information at the suggestion of one of the housing benefit team.

I now find myself with court action imminent & still have the e-mails, this is why i am now conducting my present contact via e-mail, when i go to court i can produce these e-mails & they show that information was provided.

How does this stand in a court / legally?

middxx

I can't see that it should cause a problem.

Have you sent an SAR to the department? This should produce all the copies which they have in their possession.

better still, make a FOI request. This costs nothing and they have only 20 days to comply

Funny enough only earleir this evening I had the very same discussion with our local council. They had made an overpayment of £26.60 but in essence I am claiming it isn't an overpayment as I should have been on extended benefits having just started work after 8 months being unemployed.

Anyway the first time I appealed by letter and they lost it although it was sent registered mail and I had proof of signature. Second time I appealed via email and got no reply except of a demand letter to drop through the letterbox.

On contacting, initially they coluld not trace the email until I gave them the date and time sent at which point I was told an email was unacceptable and I needed to put it in writing. I pointed out that an email was in writing but they would not budge.

As I cannot write due to arthritis, it now means I have to go out and purchase an ink cartridge for my printer at at cost of £17! I am sure that I could claim this is discrimination or such but not sure.

IMHO an email is a legitimate means of communication and the fact that ou cna prove it was delviered is a bonus.

Email is entirely legit. It is for this reason that they publish their email addresses..