Council Tax Arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was living in a property in 2008 with a previous partner and she was claiming housing benefits, just a couple of days ago i got a knock on the door telling me that i owe the council 359 in council tax arrears for the period of like 4 months? i said to them its not my debt but they said because they cant find her im liable for it, I have emailed the council and they rekon this enforcable and that theyve attemtped to conact me before which is bull, so i told them I have no money and ill pay them 5pound a week until i can sort somthing out, I emailed the council saying that action should be taken to find the other party and they said that they are under no obligation to persue one person insted of the other, which is obviously what they are doing to me IDIOTS!, another thing is council tax is paid on housing benefit so why is there a bill and is it fair that I have to pay it, i also said i can provide proof from the landlord that i was only living there for the period of 1 month (hes a personal friend and i wasnt i went on holiday but hell say that for me anyway) and that im am only agreeing to pay that amount until they have put in more effort than dumping it on me because i was the easiest to find i.e (Electoral role)

Any help or advise would be appreciated :)

Hi, dnbdubs.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

well i have both copies of the tenancy agreement with me because i work for my ex landlord anyway, i could change it so my name isnt on it but the council have a copy of the one with both our names on when they put the claim in, the housing benefit was in her name but we were both on the rent agreement.