Two Separate Policies - Any Suggestions Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am the registered owner of two cars and have separate policies for each vehicle. When I first bought the second car (mainly for my son to use, but also as a back up vehicle for me), I had full No Claims Bonus on my first vehicle and was told by every Insurance company that I enquired with, that I would have to start from scratch again with this second policy as they were completely separate entities and basically had no effect on each other. That was four years ago and I since have built up 4 years NCB.

That is until the start of the year when the second car was stolen, recovered two weeks later and then written off by the insurance company and a mutually agreed settlement made.

I stuck with the same insurance company but I was told that on renewal of the policy I would lose two years NCB. Well, I've swallowed that one, but what really annoys me is that the claim on the second vehicle is now affecting quotes that I am receiving on the first vehicle.

Why am I not surprised that this is a one way street for the insurance industry!!

I know that while getting quotes for my first car I could keep silent about the claim's history of my second vehicle, but I know this would rebound on me one day.

Any suggestions as how to get round this?

Unfair trading practices?

Is there an insurance ombudsman?

Hi,

This is the way insurance works I'm afriad. The Insurance Company work out the premium on set criteria - ie, car, location, age/sex of driver, whether you have made any previous claims, etc., then discount this figure by the NCD you have.

As you have had the first car stolen you are classed as higher risk for claiming, which will impact your premium on the second car. However, you should still be getting the 4 yrs accrued NCD on the second car.

There is an ombudsman - the FSA, however, I cannot see you having a valid argument.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!