Help! travel insurance pre-existing condition/diagnosis awaited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

I'm due to travel to Iceland soon and while I have my European health card, I can't get any insurance even for pre-existing conditions without having to confirm that I have no outstanding health investigations. I do. I'm awaiting a sleep study. (that I had to push for).

Obviously I don't want to just go ahead and get insurance if they won't pay out in case I need it, but at the very least I'd lilke to be insured in case I get mugged or lose my luggage or anything. Anyone know of a policy I can get that either

a) accepts that sometimes people do have to wait a while for a concrete diagnosis. Or

b) will cover me without any medical element so at least if I'm robbed, lose tickets/money/passport whatever I don't have to panic too much?

Help!

All you have to do is declare your PMH, and they may either refuse to cover you for that condition, or apply a premium, depending on the problem. You'll then be covered as with any normal travel insurance, with the tailored part about PMH.

Make sure you go through a proper insurance company, and make sure that you get it in writing that you have declared your PMH. If need be, get confirmation from your Dr beforehand that he sees no issue with you travelling, it might help as well. ;-)

I can't find any that don't make you declare that you have no medical investigations outstanding. At the moment I don't have a definite diagnosis and insurance companies aren't interested. At least online. Maybe I should get on the phone. I hate phoning.

My house insurance doesn't have additional over for loss or theft of personal goods. I chose not to include that. It costs extra.

Cheers anyway.

Hi ya

I work in a GP surgery and we quite often see people turned down for inusrance claims over stooopid things ! I wouldnt think a sleep study would effect you in the slightest BUT the insurance companies will try and worm their way out of paying ! So my advice would be declare EVERYTHING, then go away and relax ! HAve a great time :)

I can't find any that don't make you declare that you have no medical investigations outstanding. At the moment I don't have a definite diagnosis and insurance companies aren't interested. At least online. Maybe I should get on the phone. I hate phoning.

My house insurance doesn't have additional over for loss or theft of personal goods. I chose not to include that. It costs extra.

Cheers anyway.

Phone anyway, it needs to be tailored to you and online won't be specific enough. When you get it, make sure your docs show that you have declared everything and that all is in order.