Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder feelinglow Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2009

Default Re: hfc is it legal ??

Hi dx

I got this in the post this morning bit worry on this 1 or is it a scare tac-tic..

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...008/img017.jpg

Regards
    FL

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

thats a very naughty letter
    you need to complain to the OFT/TS

they CANNOT use bailiffs on a civil debt covered by CCA..

its a threat-o-gram so ignore though.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007

Write one back stating...

Dear Sir / Madam.

I am in receipt of your recent letter dated xxxxxx

Your letter makes some very interesting presumptions to which I will add to;

That in the event that you do take this matter to court, then I will defend this case to the hilt, in the event of the judge finding in my favour, then I will claim mine and my solicitors costs, not only that but if required then my barrister will claim his/her costs also.

In the event that you do not pay the costs from your lost case then I will put a claim in to the court for non payment of thoese costs, this in all events may mean that if you do not pay those costs promptly, I will send bailiffs to your premises to collect the outstanding monies owed. If you attempt to avoid paying The other option of course is to submit a winding up petition, which could affect employees of your company, its future ability to obtain credit and may also the future growth strategy plans quite drastically.

I would also like to point you to the well known court case Arkell vs Pressdram

I trust this makes my position completely clear.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.
    Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.
    Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.
    If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ease-read.html
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2009

Thx dx

lol 42man nice 1

Basic Account Holder pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Hi FL

As you know I have been following your case but as I have been busy was relying on the email notifications I normally receive from CAGicon. For some reason they must have stopped and I did not realise that all this was going on.

I can see you have been getting some excellent advice from others and I am catching up with events and will post my own thoughts.

Just hold on a day or two.

Pedross

Cagger since
    May 2009

Hi pedross

Glad to see you back.. Hope everything is well your end..I had the same problem with not receiving the emails myself a while back now never did find out why, everything seem to sort its self out in the end and I started receiving them again. Speak soon

Thank you

Regards
    FL

Basic Account Holder pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative pedross Highly informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Hi FL

In view of the fact that the reply I suggest contains personal information I have emailed it to you. It includes the points made by others including DX and 42 man, which are obviously relevant, but goes into a little more detail to establish the actual position.

Hopefully, they will see the light.

Pedross

Cagger since
    May 2009

Hi pedross

Yes I received it today thank you very much, I will get it in the post first class recorded.. Will post up their reply as soon as I received word back from them..Fingers crossed

Thanks again pedross

Best Regards
    FL

Cagger since
    May 2009

Hi pedross

This is the response I got from capquest this morning, guess they are running back to HFC for a response now.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...008/img018.jpg

Their compliants process..

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...008/img019.jpg

Will let you know when I get the next letter or threat from them.

Thx pedross.

Regards
    FL

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Yes , you are probably right.

Lets see what happens next.

Pedross

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Quote Originally Posted by pedross View Post
    Hi FL

As you know I have been following your case but as I have been busy was relying on the email notifications I normally receive from CAGicon. For some reason they must have stopped and I did not realise that all this was going on.

I can see you have been getting some excellent advice from others and I am catching up with events and will post my own thoughts.

Just hold on a day or two.

Pedross
    Hi Pedross.. if you havent logged on to CAGicon for a while, notifications cease until you log in again

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Hi cB

Thanks for the explanation - its good to see that you are busy as ever on the site.

Regards

Pedross

Cagger since
    May 2009

Hi pedross

Got a reply from capquest today your going to love this answer off of them, hope your ready for it lol...

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...008/img020.jpg

Play the waiting game again with hfc probably be another 12 months lol.

Speak soon
    Regards
    FL

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Well done FL

Thats both Reston's & Capquest who have decided that this looks like a difficult case to take on. They know that its a no win situation really and if they lose it will be big time.

I like the way Capquest are trying to explain what nice people they are!!

Regards

Pedross

Cagger since
    May 2009

Thank you pedross

lol trying to make themselves out to be goodie goodies lol bit of creeping in there as well I think...

See how long it takes hfc to reply again probably another 12 months lol

Regards
    FL

Cagger since
    May 2009

Hi

Received this letter today looks like they are doing the circuit of DCAicon's lol

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...008/img051.jpg

shell I send them the same letter that I sent to capquest ?

Regards
    FL

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

IMHO i would'nt start up any letter tennis

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

That is interesting.. CapQuest usually purchase debts.. so how come Muck Hall reckon that HFC are their client ?

If it were me, I would just send a letter similar to the one you sent to CapQuest.. but add a first paragraph something along the lines..

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account references

I am surprised to receive this letter. On DATE - CapQuest were advising that THEY had been instructed by their client "HFC" and that they knew of no legitimate reason for non payment.

As HFC know of my reason for non payment, I feel that they should either inform you - or you can ask them. However, please find below, a copy of my communication to CapQuest. I confirm that my position remains the same now as it did then.

etc, etc, etc..

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2009

Thanks for the response dx100uk and citizenB much appreciated

Regards
    FL

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Hi FL

I agree with the two posts above and in the order they answered. Firstly I would ignore the first letter, wait for the next one and then decide what to do. You don't want to make it too easy for them they will think you are worried.

If HFC are going to continue passing it around I will send you a templateicon letter so that you can respond.

Regards
    Pedross

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE