• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

stung by rbs

dib182
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Hi,

Im knew here, I saw this advertised on Tv and decided after more than a year to finally do something about it. I got my hours cut at work xmas before last and as a result my income went down. I did the right thing and told the bank that there may be a problem after the xmas as I had less income, this they acknowledged and did nothing about. Come the February my father died and left me some money but obviously I had to wait for the probate to be sorted. I told the bank and showed them the will that stated I had a half share of his property. I had received a lot of charges the week earlier and asked them if they could extend my overdraft for 2 weeks as I had several thousand coming to me earlier than first thought. They refused and said they would give me a loan to pay off my overdraft of £1000 and I would then be in credit by £10. All the time they were bouncing direct debits and charging me. I eventually had to agree and they for some reason cancelled my cheque card that I hadn't been using and handed my account over to an account manager in Manchester. Two weeks later I paid off my £20,000 loan and put a further £10,000 into my account yet I only got my card back 3 weeks ago. In 3 weeks I accrued just over £1000 in charges and I would imagine my credit rating went down the toilet as well. Now its payback time.

I am just about to send my Data Protection Act letter to the registered address in edinburgh, dont know if its the right one but it came up on the search link.

-------------------------------------------------

Sent Data Protection Act to rbos registered office, awaiting return 05/08/06 ;-)

Just received my statements, stage 2 now 31/08/06

First letter going out today asking for my money and loan amount back £1,731.00 charges £1,893.54 loan 02/09/06

No reply to my first letter, now posting next one. 19/09/06

Received very polite letter 20 days after first letter sent saying NO-WAY 22/09/06

On-line court proceedings started 04/10/06

Received acknowledgement of service to defend full claim 19/10/06

Received a copy of defence, been reffered to my local court 08/11/06

First offer made £1050.00, deadline ran out before receiving offer oops. 02/12/06

Received updated defence 20/12/06

Guest BlueRuby

Whenever I read a story like yours and hear what complete wunches the banks are it makes me so angry. :mad: They don't care about us, they don't care if we struggle, they don't care if we go under, they just keep charging us. Go get your charges back and the interest and your costs. I keep thinking we should be able to claim compensation as well but I don't know how we'd go about it. Keep us posted. BTW I think you can add the loan to your claim. You said they pretty well forced you to take it out to cover your charges. Somebody on here got their charges back plus the loan they took out to pay them - I think it was Lloyds but unfortunately I can't remember the title of the thread! I just remember it came to about £17,000 :D Sorry not to be more help. Maybe someone else can remember:-|

My first thought would be "stuff the B****s" I'd move my money elsewhere then go for the jugular in a big way

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

There is a way you can get a form of "compensation". Charge them the contractual interest! Have a read of these;) Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest???. A New Way of Looking at Interest

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

• 1 month later...

I sent the original 2 letters to the head office in edinburgh, not to my local branch. Went on line to fill out the court forms and you cant sue someone in scotland with the on line version for some reason, so I sent it to my local branch on the theory that they wont deal with it but send it on to the head office anyway. Will be interesting to see what happens here, it might of caused problems on what was originally a straight forward case. We will see. Nothing to lose, got no money to pay their costs anyway , but on the other hand I could win a few grand back from them

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from the northampton court today saying the RBS intent to defend the claim in full. They now have their 28 days to submit their defence. The response pack has come from Cobbetts LLP, king street, Manchester. and signed by a Lynsey Burgoyne, position of solicitor. Anyone had dealings with these people yet ?

Not personally, but I have seen LB's name come up loads of times on this forum. In fact, she's nearly as famous as Tommy McLean.:lol:

Fret not.. your money is coming!

J

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

Yes looking through some threads I see what you mean, she is fairly popular. I posted my court papers via the internet and so the case would be heard in Northampton. Going on the theory that it is to far for them to bother going to defend a couple of grand. Long way for me to I am in merseyside

I am also dealing with Cobbetts and have recieved their defence papers with an attached questionaire. I am stuggling to understand the legalese. They seem to be saying that they want me to show were they have broken the contract with them by showing the contract between RBOS and me. I do not have that ... from years ago. I am wondering what I show do. Any suggestions?

See my post under my thread for full drtails.

Mark

RBS -

20/7 First letter 27/7 reply rcd nil offer

4/8 LBA No reply

15/9 Mony claim lodged 28/9 Recieved Notice of defence

18/9 (last possible day) defence entered by Cobbets

19/9 Defence bundle and CPR 18 recieved from Cobbets

20/9 Allocation papers recieved

20/98 recived notice of transfer to local court

21/9 replied to Cobbets

21/9 Completed AQ Due back 6/11

10/11 recived offer of £1300.00 - replied no thanks.

17/11 Allocated to Small Claims Track - Hearing 16/03/07

Yes looking through some threads I see what you mean, she is fairly popular. I posted my court papers via the internet and so the case would be heard in Northampton. Going on the theory that it is to far for them to bother going to defend a couple of grand. Long way for me to I am in merseyside

The MCOL clearing centre is Northampton. When RBS file their Defence, the claim will be transferred to your local County Court according to your post code, so the final hearing won't be in Northampton unless you are in their catchment area.