business insurance claim nightmare!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wondering if anyone could give some advice, my friend suffered a couple of robberies and arson attack on his business last year, police were involved and arrests were made etc.

It appears the assessor that was appointed after knocking on his door the morning after the loss promising the earth if he took it on appears to have no experience of business claims ie. business interuption, fixtures fittings, stock and elements of building work.

It seems like the loss adjustor has wiped the floor with the assessor and the figures he's submitted are not stacking up to anything like he'd promised and he blames the loss adjustor and say's he cant get round him that's the way it goes!!!

It's now 2 years on, claims still not finalised this assessor keeps apologising because it's a cock up but that's all he seems to do, it's made my friend ill and he's 40k in debt due to having no option but to extend an overdraft to get his business up and running, on the strength of a letter from the assessor saying the claim was progressing. Now 2 years on although the bank have been patient are getting a bit cheesed off and this assessor does not now even want to comminicate.

Another assessor has been asked if anything can be done and within 2 weeks he's gone through the business interuption and nearly sorted it for him??

Surely the 1st assessor is negligent, can anything be done about it to stop other people being caught out like this??

Looks like this assessor is just used to domestic claims and has no idea about commercial and just got out of his depth although apparently at the time convinced my friend he was the man for the job!!

Thanks for listening ;o)

• 2 weeks later...