Council Tax Debts baliffs Demanding

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Had the bailiff round twice this week, I have an outstanding debt of £1400 with the council for this year that they have got a liability order for, I have not let the bailiff in to my property, but he is claiming that because of the liability order he can just turn up with a lock smith and let himself in, is this correct?

I have spoken to the bailiff on the phone and he has said that I can spead the payments over time but only if I make a substantial upfront payment (half £700) by Wednesday, can they realistically do this?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Regards

Robb

He can demand, but you don't have to agree. As long as you refused him/her entry, they cannot levy on your goods. They can only get a locksmith once they have obtained piecefull entrance.

Watch his charges as he will charge for a van to remove you goods, but he cannot do this as he will have no goods to remove.

After a couple of attempts and failing to gain entry, they will hand it back to the council. You can then come to a sensible agreement with the council.

no

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

really sorry to ask again but the bailiff has been on the phone after I sent a letter to the council, with an offer of payment including the first installment,

Again the Baliff has said he can gain entry to my house without my permission and that he can immobaise the company veichle, until the debt is paid, I'm waiting for the council to accept my payments. What should I do with the Bailiff, he wants the first payment tomorrow.

Robb

Pay the council something now by internet banking, don't just write letters they want to see action.

the bailiff is making threats he cannot actually carryout or legally do, he DOES NOT have right of entry on last years liability order no matter what he says.

the council are responsible for the actions of the bailff COMPLAIN about his threats.

if the vehicle is NOT yours [pers prop] and is needed for your OWN business then he CANNOT clamp it [tools of the trade]

sorry but you really need to stay off that phone

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A bailiff has peacable entry to your home. If a door is unlocked he can open it, he can climd through a window if its open. Next time the bailiff comes and knockes on your door, pick up your door keys, walk outside your house, shut the door dehind you, and speak to him. he may well accept your offer. I dare you to give it a try.

A bailiff has peacable entry to your home. If a door is unlocked he can open it, he can climd through a window if its open. Next time the bailiff comes and knockes on your door, pick up your door keys, walk outside your house, shut the door dehind you, and speak to him. he may well accept your offer. I dare you to give it a try.

But don't be surpised if he jams his foot in the door and pushes past...

What? Allow a Bailiff an opportunity to gain entry by opening the door, going outside, and talking to him? That advice seems a little foolish to me. If you give him an option to gain entry, he will take it. If you don't, he doesn't have a choice.

"Daring" people to do silly things makes you look foolish, IMHO.

Steve, I suggest you read the PM I've sent.

In the meantime, I suggest you continue with the advice given above and put this posters comments to one side.