Building Insurance saga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three years ago we tried to move house but discovered that we had subsidence which affected our flat and three of the neighbouring flats. It has been a long process of getting all 4 insurance companies and loss adjustors engaged and 4 months ago we were nearly ready to start with the buildings work to resolve the subsidence. Then my loss adjustor sent me an e-mail to say that their office was closing down as they were retiring. I thought that it would be a simple process of getting another loss adjustor invovled but I have just found out today from my broker that the insurance company have allocated one of their structural engineers to relook at the problem and can't say for sure when they may be able to make any decisions. This has dragged on for three years and everyone involved is at our wits end. I have had two kids since we started the process and we are living in totally cramped conditions desperate to move; our neighbors have divorced and are desperate to go their own ways; and another is pregnant and needs to move to create more room. Is there anyway that we can speed up the process? Can we take the insurers to court? I would really appreciate any advice that anyone could give us.

Many thanks,

Kate

• 2 weeks later...