Tyre damaged by kerb how do i proceed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before I went away on holiday on a road local to me as i turned the corner the rear of the car hit the kerb? pothole? When I checked some time later, I found the tyre has a bulge in the sidewall now. Since i have returned from holiday the road is being repaired. I believe that they are fixing the issue. I have had a quick search and believe i should claim? but cant find on the council site where to go or which dept? or should i just send a letter?

looking for your help.

thanks

Was it that you hit the kerb or that there was a pothole? This will be important I think. If you hit the kerb they will say any damage is your fault. If there was a pothole and they inspected the road recently I think they have a defence to your claim, I'm sure there is something about they only have to inspect the road not maintain it or something...

Anyway, "they" are the highways department at the Council. They own the roads. If your council is a unitary authority just write there, if you have a County Council as well as Borough/District Councils write to the County Council. Google highways and your town and you should find an address - County Councils generally have area offices for Highways Depts.

Afraid I'm not optimistic for you (don't know what anyone else thinks) but keep us posted.

I'm not optimistic either, even if it wa a pothole, they will reply that the insurance company has turned down your claim.

But don't let that stop you, I would love to see a council brought to book once in a while.

me and my partner (we have 2 cars) both had punctures due to potholes in the space of 4 weeks about 18 months ago. we made a claim to the council right away for both, the council re-imbursed my partners costs for a new tyre and tracking realignment, they still took over 6 months to fix the pothole after this incident. they turned down my claim as they claim to have inspected the road 2 weeks previously. if you google pot hole damage claims then you will find websites that give you all the facts and procedure to claim your costs back. councils have a duty to keep the roads in good nick, i mean thats what you pay your road tax and council tax and tax on fuel and tax on buying your car and tax on new tyres and all the other taxes you pay are for