Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder welshcake Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Default Confused by Royal Mail Track & Trace

I posted two letters off on the 11th August both recorded delivery to Next Directory and Ruthbrdige Ltd.

I have today gone onto the post office website to track and trace, when typing in the references numbers of both it was
    Track & Trace
    Results Item DV62*****GB has been accepted at 29 Church Road CF5 5LQ on 11/08/09

That is the address of the post office I sent it from does this mean they have not yet been delivered?

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    Yorkshire (ish)

Default Re: Confused by Royal Mail Track & Trace

I've had that message before (my own post office obviously). When I enquired about it I was told that it would have left my post office but hadn't been tracked properly!!.

My letter was actually delivered as I received a reply.

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums
    This site is run solely on donations
    My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder welshcake Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

That's a biy annoying though in case it ever happens to go to court I can't prive it's been delivered

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

It doesn't matter, you can prove it has been sent and in the words of certain DCAs it will be "Valid even if not read by you"

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sam614 Informative sam614 Informative sam614 Informative sam614 Informative sam614 Informative sam614's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    PROUD STOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by cerberusalert View Post
    It doesn't matter, you can prove it has been sent and in the words of certain DCAs it will be "Valid even if not read by you"

SAMLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.
    OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder allswell Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

It means your letter was accepted from you at post office, when its delivered and signed for it will say delivered from whichever sorting office is nearest the address you sent it to.

Allswell

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE