Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder anthonymark1986 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

Default brighthouse want there stuff back what to do?

hi every one i am new on here, anyway i have 2 computers with brighthouse and a big t.v and im about to go bankrupt (d.r.o debt releif order) and have paid just over half of the price of the items and really dont want to give them back what shall i do? would moving the items for a few months elsewhere be a good idea? what stuff can they take out of your house? washin machine? cooker? fridge? kids toys and clothes? can they even enter my house without a court order? what can they do as im going bankrupt anyway so cant continue paying them. is there any ways around it? what if i said i sold the goods to pay some other debts? whats the worse they can do? shorely not court and then prison? all the best

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: brighthouse want there stuff back what to do?

well firstly, you need to do some reading in this forum upon other peoples experiences.
    that by far is the very best way to answer all of you questions.

the more you read, the stronger you become.

but just to get the ball rolling.

BH nor anyone has the right to enter your house, seize gooods, theirs or otherwise so get that out of your head.

the ONLY people that can do that are court bailiffs and thats AFTER its been to court & getting that far is a VERY long long way away for you....if EVER.

obviously we know little of your history behind your DRO thinking, BUT i will say this much...is there a need to do this?

pers i think not, this site is a wealth of info supported by a very knowledgable membership.

may i suggest you p'haps outline your troubles so other could p'haps recommend betterways of dealing with your debt issues.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Hastings!! :)

Default Re: brighthouse want there stuff back what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymark1986 View Post
    would moving the items for a few months elsewhere be a good idea?
    There is no need to move the items as Brighthouse CANNOT enter your home and just take the goods. You have paid more than one third, so you have lots of rights.

what stuff can they take out of your house? washin machine? cooker? fridge? kids toys and clothes?
    Brighthouse can't take anything without a court order, no matter what they say.

can they even enter my house without a court order?
    Nope, as you have paid more than one third. If you fall behind with payments BH must first issue you with a default notice and give you the 14 days to rectify the problem. Only after this could they pursue court action - this is unlikely as I have never heard of BH taking anyone to court. If they turn up at your door demanding entry, tell them to go away (in words of your choice). If they refuse, then call the police (non-emergency number) and make sure the BH staff member (who is pretending to be a bailiff) knows you are doing this.

what can they do as im going bankrupt anyway so cant continue paying them. is there any ways around it?
    I am unsure how HP comes into a bankruptcy.....It's not my strong point.

what if i said i sold the goods to pay some other debts? whats the worse they can do? shorely not court and then prison? all the best
    If you sold the goods, then that is theft. They could have you arrested and prosecuted, so prison could happen. I strongly recommend you forget this idea.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

[SIZE="1"]<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though![/SIZE]
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE