• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance Question.

pwg6565
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gap yes same as PPI

and warranty etc etc.

acceptance fee

as long as interest has not been added

it correct.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

PPI UPDATE.

I have recently been paid out £ 970 by Aviva

- This was the company who sold the PPI Policy alongside the Welcome Car Loan.

Also I have been made an offer of over £ 4000 from Welcome Finance

because they now say they are going to be Liquidated in 2018,

this is now what they are calling a Solvent Liquidation so they are able to pay me out.

They have sent me an acceptance form to complete asking for Bank Details to pay the money by BACS into my chosen account.

OR DID I WANT TO REDUCE MY BALANCE WITH THE MONEY !!

I have also received many Arrears letters this last few weeks and repeated telephone calls which have been unanswered.

None of my other complaints have been answered and have simply been ignored.

Would be nice to know what is going on with this lot..

.. What happens to these Loans once a Solvent Liquidation happens ?

It seems as though I am running out of time to get answers to all of my complaints.

I bet it will be about the same time that all PPI reclaims will stop

and welcomes liquidation will be delayed till then, if at all.

what is interesting is they are saying they are paying out to you

whats that for? the gap etc..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx.

Not sure what is going on but my letter definitely says they are going into Liquidation sometime in 2018.

My guess is that so much of the book they own is not collectable and they will have trouble getting anyone else to take them on.

Payout offered is for PPI on two other accounts from the chain.

Still no answers regarding charges, gap, interest and miss selling so will get back to them after I receive the payment.

I am still not paying them anything since the loan got passed back to Welcome from the debt collection agency.

What happens to these loans after liquidation?

twill be an interesting time then .

I expect welcome will prob sell all outstanding debts on.

and they

Hey I wonder if any1 can help me on this..

I took out a loan with welcome finance about 8years ago.

It's was £2000. I had missed payments etc and it went up to 7000. I brought it back down to 4000 and got a letter about ppi being knocked off which was around about 850. They had sold me months and months of ppi and all the other rubbish insurances you have to have.. Now I and my boss have received a letter from the county court. In favour of Cabot financial demanding ex amount a week for the outstanding of 4200. So I called up and then I had to call Mortimer and they wasn't any help. So basically I will be paying about 11000 for a 2000 loan. Where can I claim back or appeal or whatever?? Because so many places to pay but not to deal with my despute. Thanks

Hey I wonder if any1 can help me on this..

I took out a loan with welcome finance about 8years ago.

It's was £2000. I had missed payments etc and it went up to 7000. I brought it back down to 4000 and got a letter about ppi being knocked off which was around about 850. They had sold me months and months of ppi and all the other rubbish insurances you have to have.. Now I and my boss have received a letter from the county court. In favour of Cabot financial demanding ex amount a week for the outstanding of 4200. So I called up and then I had to call Mortimer and they wasn't any help. So basically I will be paying about 11000 for a 2000 loan. Where can I claim back or appeal or whatever?? Because so many places to pay but not to deal with my despute. Thanks

welcome

you need to start a new thread

of YOUR OWN

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent the acceptance form away now asking for the funds to be paid by bacs... We shall see what happens.

The letter states they will be paying out within 14 days of them receiving the acceptance.

A couple of other queries.

I have still not had any response to my complaints of miss-selling and arrears charges and interest etc, etc... This always gets ignored.

Do I continue to pursue this after I receive PPI payments ?

Did the PPI have an effect on all chain finance which mine was ?

I am not even sure the charge on my property is still in place to be honest ?

The welcome loans do not show on my Credit Reports ?

If the loans are in dispute why are Welcome not working to resolve issues and how can they sell a loan on in dispute and why have they not taken me to court or contacted the court to get payments from my wages ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have sent the acceptance form away now asking for the funds to be paid by bacs... We shall see what happens.

The letter states they will be paying out within 14 days of them receiving the acceptance.

A couple of other queries.

I have still not had any response to my complaints of miss-selling and arrears charges and interest etc, etc... This always gets ignored.

Do I continue to pursue this after I receive PPI payments ?

Did the PPI have an effect on all chain finance which mine was ?

I am not even sure the charge on my property is still in place to be honest ?

The welcome loans do not show on my Credit Reports ?

If the loans are in dispute why are Welcome not working to resolve issues and how can they sell a loan on in dispute and why have they not taken me to court or contacted the court to get payments from my wages ?

Exactly the same going on with me right now. I've gone to the fscs and FOS

• 7 months later...

Finally got round to sorting my act out and have put my property on the market. Need to start a new chapter.

In regards to my welcome load, last re-write was 2008 which still has a balance of £23500 now PPI interest have been reversed, but the land registry shows a charge for progressive finance in 2005.

Any ideas how this works ? Can I find out what the 2005 charge is for ? Can my solicitor find out for me ?

• 2 weeks later...