Mother in law knee smashed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So basically you want to sue the Council for rendering assistance to your Mother In Law in the shape of stopping and giving her a lift back to her car in a cart.

Would you (or your Mother In Law) have preferred it if the Warden had said 'Oh I'm sorry, I can see you are in distress and obviously in pain but I'm not going to offer you a lift back to your car because you might sue me for helping'

Did they physically force her into the cart? Did the warden insist that she accept his offer of a lift? Did your Mother In Law protest or otherwise refuse the offer of a lift? I'm guessing the answer to all of those questions is NO.

In a nut shell you want to now try and get some money out of the good samaritan.

Shakes head in disbelief

Mossy

Edited by Mossycat

were both dogs off their leads?? as wouldnt this have a baring on the responsiblity? dogs out of control etc.

there are too many q`s too ask to give a str8 forward yes or no with these cases.

was there a pre-existing condtion?

did the collapse contribute any further to the damage?

if too painfull to move why accept a lift?

distance travelled,rough or smooth terrain?(prolonged delay of treament and possible further damage if carried over rough ground)

it can be endless as an insurance company would question every which way,cause etc before they would pay out.

Oh dear Mossycat you have got yourself into a tiss haven't you! A good samaritan or not they should not have moved someone who was in shock, as the ambulance driver said. She was not in a fit state to say if they should or should not move her. The warden should have known better and surely has some kind of training.

She will be unable to work for months' is in incredible pain and has a lot more to come, so obviously you have to look at every area and this is one of the things we are looking at. Why you are so botherd I am not sure. Me thinks you have an a motive to get so hot under the collar, and don't shout at me on your thread thank you.

Maybe it's because I am sick and tired of dealing with claims from people like you, people who just look for someone/anyone to sue.

What happened to your Mother In Law was unfortunate, but trying (and I say trying because you won't succeed) to sue the person who helped your Mother In Law is pure lowlife greed.

I offer advice to people with genuine claims, so on this one I'll refrain form telling you any of your options.

Mossy

No one has mentioned a claim that is obviously all in your very mixed up tiny head.

The very first sentence of your original post contradicts you

I wonder if anyone could offer advise on whether it would be appropriate to contact one of the no win no pay, or whatever they are called, claim companies.

Mossy