Motorbik accident claim - MIB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im in the middle of an ongoing claim from December 2006 when I was knocked off my motorbike.

The bike was written off, the other party has been prosecuted for driving without due car and attention and having no insurance.

My injuries were mainly around my groin and have taken over 18 months to be properly assessed and has come back with a statement that it is likely I will now require IVF to conceive.

I am using an insurance appointed solicitor, provided as part of the legal cover with my policy.

Can anyone advise on two things -

1, I have been told that claims must be resolved within 3 years.

Is this 3 years since the date of the accident or 3 years from filing a claim with the solicitors?

I am concerned that the 3 year mark is fast approaching and noend is currently in sight.

2, As the other party was not insured the damages/compensation will be coming from the motor insurers bureau who I have been warnd will attempt to limit any compensation given.

On that basis what can I realistically exect to be inlcuded in the claim?

So far the following has been mentioned -

• The cost of the motorcycle and equipment (helmet/leathers)
  • Estimated cost for IVF treatment
  • Estated cost of semen banking (as advised by medical consultant)

Further to this no one has brought up anything to do with the distress the accident caused (including the distress that me and my parting have undergone not knowing if we will be able to have children), the 2 months I was forced to take off work due to my injuries, any mention of the psychological effects of the accident as I still have an involuntary shudder when crossing some roads and junctions.

I dont want to sound money grabbing here but I do want to make sure dont get fobbed off with the first figure they offer and am hoping to find out what they should be taking into account to ensure nothing is left out.

Many thanks in advance, DB

Hi DB, sorry to hear about your accident.

I can only tell you that you have 3 years in which to file a claim.

Also when I had my accident I was compensated for loss of earnings as well as travel costs to and from the hospital.

hope this helps.

Ben1305

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021