misleading insurance online??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to make a claim against my broken camera. All was going well until i was told my excess was £200. Ive never had excess of £200 i always go for £100. Ive been told i selected an extra voluntary excess when choosing online, hence the £200 excess.

When i selected the policy (1st Quote) they phoned me and we discussed the policy, i own a v expensive hi-fi and always check they will cover it. As far as im concerned i was never told my excess was £200.

I have since gone back online and yes the amount i selected was £100, which i assumed was the excess i wanted, not an extra amount. This isn't made very clear.

The insurance company are going to check the recorded conversation and get back to me. But the 'vibe im getting is they wont budge.

What are my rights as i feel i have been mis sold a product?

I must add I didnt check the policy when it arrived as fully as I should but i just saw £ 100 excess and the amount covered and DD amount!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you have no grounds to complain, you made a mistake, I agree its not clear on some sites at least you are aware now and wont make this mistake in the future.

Andy

It will depend on how the question is put across. If it was not made clear that the excess you chose was a voluntary excess, then you may have a case.

Website comparison sites have been criticised for this kind of behaviour. I have had some unbelieveably cheap quotes for car insurance, only to find that a voluntary excess had been added despite my selecting none.