would this happen?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all. my friend was involded in a crash last week,all she has spoken about since is the compo she is going after!!.. even tho from what she has told me her partner run a red light!..

what i was wondering is.. at the sence she said she nor her partner gave a satement to the police even tho they did attend.. would this have happened?..(was involded in head on crash on 1st april myself great day for it.. and i no i had to give 1) a statement 2) was breath tested.. i do think she is only after compo as she has been asking me all bout my inurys which were quite bad but healing well thankfully.. just wondered really what all of your opinons were on this?

thanks

If you are a passenger in car and you are injured you can claim from the responsible party, even if it is the driver of the car you were in.

Any accident involving injuries must be reported to the police and in almost every case statements are taken and also the drivers are breathalysed.

Insurance Companies are well aware of fake/false/inflated claims, so it's not going to be an easy money situation, police statements will be asked for as will medical reports before any money is paid.

Mossy

hi Nik,

all I would say is that the driver has a legal oblication under the road traffic act to report the accident to the police, however they may not have done and may get away with this.

Mossy- the ins co I work for would only request police reports on large/potentially large claims, and where there are suspicions.

If the insurance company are happy with the claim from the outset, they may look to settle 'pre-med' which is prior to any medical examination, avoiding costs of doctor's/physios etc, and sometimes without the involvement of solicitors, so your friend may well receive compensation quickly and for a reasonable amount. As Mossy says, insurance companies are aware of fake/false/inflated claims, which are on the increase particularly with the credit crunch.

Edited by INSURANCEGUY
TYPO

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)