1st Central Insurance

fchristensen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In April 2009 i took out car insurance. I am paying monthly installments. Recent events have given me little choice but to move out of the country to Norway. I was instructed by the insurance company that i needed to pay the remainding £862 premium.

When i first took out the insurance i was asked to sign the credit agreement in which Premium Credit Limited borrows the money to 1st Central Insurance company for the full annual premium.

I never signed this credit agreement, i figure thats good? As none of the clauses they claim to be their right is in fact not?

Can someone experienced in this field help me out and perhaps take a look at my contract to see if im in the right?

Thanks a million,

Fredrik Christensen

Ok this is a bit weird. Are you trying to get out of paying because you didn't sign the credit agreement? That might give you some standing with regard to paying Premium Credit Ltd but would not save you for the premium - your insurer will just remove the pay by installments option and charge you the full premium.

However that said I think they are bull****ting you by saying that you have to pay the full premium. Usually the penalty is the pro-rata insurance cost (so whatever was in April, May, June and July) plus a cancellation fee usually around £40-£50. If you have alreay paid up to date then it should just be the cancellation fee.

Why are they telling you that you need to pay the full amount?

Thank you Wulfyn for replying.

I think the reason to why i have to pay the remaining premium is because at the start of my contract Premium Credit Limited lends my insurance company (1st Central Insurance) the full annual premium. That is paid back to 1st Central Insurance by me in monthly installments. I assume that once i pay my monthly installment that then gets paid back to Premium Credit Limited, but i do not understand why 1st central insurance can't just pay back Premium Credit Limited the money. I have paid for April, May, June and July. I try to contact 1st Central Insurance and they don't even pick up the phone. They say i need to cancel my insurance by writing is that true? I'm confused as how to proceed at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Hi there. I had a 1st Central Car Insurance policy.

Biggest bandits on God's earth. My claim from March 2010 STILL has not been settled. However, I digress....

Check your policy wording carefully. If you haven't made a claim it should say that you only owe up to the period you cancelled. I think they charge something round about £35 for a cancellation on top of that.

I got stung by the cowboys because I had the pleasure of being run into by a boy racer. Therefore I had to stump up the whole year's premium as I'd had a claim. Odd...I thought fully comp meant just that...and NCD changes were supposed to cover claims. Silly me.

However nice insurers do only charge you pro rata. It's good business sense to charge a customer for the time they are on risk.

Hope that helps

PS I would advise you send any letters recorded delivery, and if you believe you have paid as much as you need to then cancel the DD as they are unscrupulous enough to take out more.

I must stress though that you need to be sure you don't owe anything at this point...or they will send the heavies after you (so I hear). I was ok as I worked out I'd paid up the full year so I covered myself by stopping the DD before they could charge me in advance for the renewal I would never take out.

Getting money out of them, blood and stones...

• 3 years later...

Hi

I wish I had read all these negative comments before I had the misfortune to take out a policy with these people !!!

I did several quotes with confused.com for my wife who is learning to drive. I did several different scenarios as we were not sure as to wait till she passed her test to purchase a car or get one to practise in .

Eventually I responded to one of their emails and purchased a policy.

Unfortunately I had entered some of the details incorrectly which meant the policy was void . I rang them explaining the issue and they said that it should not be a problem and they will get one of their people to ring me back.

Next thing I new I received a letter of cancellation , so I rang them again and was made to feel like a criminal due to buying the wrong policy even though I had sent them all the information they requested. I explained that it was a genuine mistake and only an idiot would deliberately try and get away with the mistake I made , I was told by [name edited] that a lot of people do this !! REALLY ??? , you arrogant [edited] !! I did not want any money back , all I wanted was to have my wife insured . Mr xxx replied that they have looked into my insurance quote history and decided that it MAY have been done fraudulently , I asked why I would do that when I have 15 years no claims on my policy , he couldn't reply !!

I contacted Admiral insurance and explained my predicament and they were fantastic !!

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms and staff name