style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody offer any advice.

May 31st, my car broke down whilst towing my caravan. My insurance company organised a tow truck to relay both back to my home. The crazy relay driver attempted to reverse both onto the driveway but only succeeded in reversing into the house. :eek:

it is an old caravan but dry and gets used lots.

the relay company offered £250 to forget about it.:mad:

i approached a reputable coachbuilders company who estimate the cost of repairs at £2-3000:lol:

i know the caravan is not worth that but it is now 7 weeks after the incident and their insurance company assessor is visiting on Thursday. i was intending to go aboroad for five weeks on Saturday with it.:(

The advice i would like is what options do i have if the insurance company gives a low write off value for the caravan?

thanks for your help

The first thing to do is to get an accurate valuation of what your caravan is worth, you say it's not worth the £2000 - £3000 it would cost to repair it, so it sounds like it will be a total loss.

Next thing is to get a written estimate of the cost of repairs.

These should be sent to the relay company, they have a duty to put you back in the position you were in prior to the damage they caused, either by repairing the caravan or by giving you enough money to replace it.

You also need to advise them that you have a holiday booked, and their delay has left you with no choice but to cancel and seek compensation from them or for you to hire a caravan and take that with you.

You also need to claim for any other out of pocket expenses caused by them, ie phone calls, postage, mileage to repairers etc etc.

The options you have if the Insurance Company offers a low valuation is to find similar models on sale and tell them you can't replace it for what they are offering.

Post back if you need more advice, but DO NOT ACCEPT the £250 to forget about it.

Mossy

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...