Swinton Daylight Robbery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hoping someone can advise me of the best way to approach Swinton regarding my cash back claim.

I used compare the market to get a quote and was offered £90 cash back with Swinton, during the process I didn’t have all the information. The next day I phoned up Swinton asked if my claim could be retrieved and the operator said he can re-enter the details, I did ask if I would still get the cash back and was informed yes.

When I finalized the policy over the phone with the local branch they told me it would take 3 months to receive it.

Well its 3 months gone so I chased swinton up for my money and they informed me that as I didn’t take it out over the net I was not entitle to it!! They have also stated that they checked the tape and there is no mention of cashback.

I feel really had over by them, can anyone help?

cancel the insurance, or send a sar and demand copies of the phonecall

i would leave the policy inforce until resolved as you may get the cashback and you prob would get a cancellation charge

Write to their complaints dept confirming what has gone on etc if they still stand their ground then request copies of the calls, as long as the consultant confirmed that you were elidgible for the offer they cannot refuse.

is that in the t&C's then, if not cancel it and tell them to get lost

Yes, it's in the T & Cs:

"If you do exercise this right to cancel your insurance, you will be charged by the insurer for the service provided up to the point of cancellation. We will also make a cancellation charge of £50.00 except as shown in the 'service charges' table overleaf. You will not be entitled to a refund of the service charge or credit card handling charge made by us for arranging your insurance."

As vusys1 says, it's probably best to leave the policy in force until the cashback dispute is resolved