at my wits end with council tax people

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am absolutly furious at my council for gross imcompetance.

my partner and i was made bankrupt last year me in july and my partner in august. i knew that i was liable for the july to august month council tax so i paid it ..... to be told that today i received a liability order for the sum of 200 pounds relating to this july-august month ..... so i rang them up asking w them why have they done that ?

their answer we do acknowledge that you have paid 130 pounds but this was used to pay your previous outstanding sum before your Br order was made.

already i have to send them 6 times my BR order to them ( all recorded delivery) and they wont acknowledge it until my Official receiver call them . i have letter acknowledging my bankruptcy and my partner one's from them.

then my Official Receiver warn me not to pay any money to them as i am nto liable to any thing pre-Br yes .. how iam goin ot say that to my OR now as i am due to be discharge in a few days . i dont knwo how to revoke this liability order ? they told me to send proof even though thye have acknowldege it on th ephoen that was their error and not mine and on the plus side they have put me into a particuliar situation regarding my duties as an aundischarged bankrupt.

blimey still no response !

they claim i owe them for one month between my BR order and the one of my parnter which i do not dispute howevr i already paid for it nad ihave thge receipt . the council refuse to acknowledge that even though they said they receive my 130 pounds but use it to pay my arrears pre -BR ... obviously they cant do that .

today i receive a letter from them telling me thanks for your coplaint but as a gesture of goddwill we removed the cpourt cost so you remain liable for 120 pounds but i have already paid 130 pounds so not only i hav epaid 120 pounds but you have a surplus of 10 popunds and thw orst of it is that this 130 pounds does not show on any on my council tax bill ?! they have a liability order for something i already paid ....

i just wonder what are my recourse against them ? is it worth it to go to the local goverment ombudsman ?