An interesting development

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon Folks

The strangest thing has just happened to me, I have just had a call from the RBS to say that they have made a 'mistake', when looking at my account is seems that they have been applying a charge of £38.00 per month for what seems to be forever for no good reason whatsoever, and are now investigating it to see how far back this goes, before they refund me !!!!

The thing is you see is that I have been telling them for years that this has been happening and asking them to justify this amount and they have always put it down to 'administration' or 'exceeding my overdraft (?)'. It now seems that this isn't the case.

I explained that I had got to the end of my tether with this and am ready to persue them through the courts for the dosh, and the lady I spoke to said to hang on until next week, as they will get back to me within 5 days with the details.

It is the most bizarre thing, I have also asked them to look into any implicated charges, say for when this charge has been applied and it takes me over my approved overdraft limit - what then ?

Does anyone know if I can ask them for the 8% interest as well, considering they have had all this money for this length of time ?

I'm still going to claim for the 'unlawfull' charges , but this has made the situation more complicated because what how do I go about proving the implicated charges of this £38.00 charge, because you can bet your bottom dollar that they arn't going to be particularly forthcoming with that kind of dosh, and if I have taken a loan to consolidate my overdraft which this charge could be attributed to what then ?

Can anyone please advise me how to make sure that I get every penny back associated with this £38.00 charge ?

I've just gone through the entire process as advised on this site and was literally going to take the papers to the court in the next few days to recover what I had calculated to be £4500 quid (ex interest)

It's been an odd kind of day !!

cheers

Amanda

Onwards and Upwards