electricity supply problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all ..

ill try to keep this brief , iv typed this leter 3 times now but keep timing out or something whe i try to send it ,so ill send this bit now to se if it goes through ..

ok good it worked !

now heres my long story ..

i bought a house in 04 , that was originally part of a university research site ,4 houses and about 9 units in a leafy green park situation .the houses get thier electricity from the site distribution room ,and we pay 9.5 pence per unit to the site owner /distributor(sod).

5 weeks ago ,a letter arrived telling me i would be cut off ,the other 4 houses got the same .upon calling the SSE i was told that the sod had not paid his bill and it was 8k ..so cut off was iminent .this type of convo went on with sse for a couple of weeks ,with definate statements from them that we would all be cuttoff on that day or the next ,on the last call i assertained that there has never been a court order so it was all lies anyway ,they dont seem to call me anymore ?

4 weeks ago a couple of vans turned up unmarked ,and raced around and intimidated one of the companies to the pount of giving them 4k towards the bill.

Edited by ivanhoew

so ,to continue , i got a site survey organised and the sod and sparks came ,and they sent the quote to the sod 10k for the site conversion to seb meters ,and 900 per house .we then recieved a demand for 900 each from the sod ,with no explanation as to any other costs and so on ,and a general feeling that he should pay it since its his responsability to supply us .

things went quiet for a while , the sod persued the ombudsman about how unfair and incorrect he felt a 4k bill per month was for 6 units and 4 houses ,and i wrote to my mp cameron and got a letter from the ceo of sse saying he would do all they could to avoid cutting up off ,and that we cant use the existing cables for the meters from sse cos they arent sure what they are and it isnt 'policy',also that ishould take up any problems i have with the sod .

no reply had been sent by any of the houses to the demand for 900.

then last thursday , i recieved a demand for 500, to contribute to the 7500 he was trying to raise to give to the sse,towards his now 11k debt . i replied with a picture of my meter ,a calc at 9.5ppu and vat and a cheque for 90 odd quid which brought me up to date .i got back by e mail a demand for a rate of 20 ppu!

since i live on my own ,on an income of about 1200 a year ,and my savings which are nearly all gone ,and have chronic fatigue sindrome for which iv had a course of hospital therapy ,you can imagine this was a bit gut wrenchingly anxiety inducing ,you know that feeling when the floor goes up and down?

anyrdup ..i seem to have somehow got hold of a bill similar (but obviously in no way the same as )the sods bill ,and wondered how do i work out the proper pence per unit i should pay ?

Edited by ivanhoew

heres the bill..

Recorded MD unrestricted 71.36

M4 LV Standard Demand

-------------------------------------------------- Units Rate (pence)

Weekday peak energy Dec & Jan 2334.7 -------------17.3300

Weekday energy Dec & Jan 9443.1 ------------------12.5300

Night energy 5850.9--------------------------------- 9.0400

Other times energy 7063.4 --------------------------11.7600

Available capacity 1st block 180-------------------- 106.0000

Maximum demand 71.36----------------------------- 810.0000

Standing charge 86.21

Miscellaneous charges 43.33

CCL on 24692.1 units at 0.4560p 112.59

since im on mostly nights and weekends ,should i be charged 9.04 and 11.76 ppu ?

incidentally when i bought the house i got my solicitor to get a letter from the sod office to say they would supply me with electricity at the 'standard rate 'plus standing charge ,until a seb meter is installed .. i never have been charged a standing charge , so elected to pay 17.5% vat just to cover any come backs , but on the occasion ,after i found my neighbours were only paying 5 %, i did the same .. i really dont know what 'standard rate' means though or if that document has any real power .

thanks for bearing with trhis rather dissjointed account.

regards

robert (in bed sore throat tchah!))

I don't know how to answer your question, but a polite bump to get you some notice!

thats exceedingly kind of you heliosfa ,thank you .

so far i have been to the other houses and we are all proposing to pay 12.56ppu..thats the stock seb rate ,sent mail on sun to sod ,and no answer so far...