Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder jessie15 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

Default Fee for an N244

Can anyone tell me the fee that I need to send with a N244icon as I am slightly confused?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2006
    I am in
    Please consider making a donation if we have helped you. Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fee for an N244

It might be 75 now. Best to call your local court - and even take the form along and have it issued there.
    If you are in hardship, the fee may be waived

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.
    All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    Yorkshire (ish)

What are you submitting the N244icon for? it's usually 75.00 unless you have been issued with an eviction notice then it is free. As Bankfodder says if you are receiving certain benefits you may also be exempt.

Affixed is the leaflet explaining the criteria for exemption.

Attached Files
    Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums
    This site is run solely on donations
    My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    linz2011 Informative linz2011 Informative linz2011's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

set asideicon is 75 i have called today

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

I am looking to see if I could claim a remission on the court fee, on the form it asks for monthly housing costs, does this include second mortgages on property?

Basic Account Holder fdpm Novitiate fdpm's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    In a Heavenly place

I sent mine off two weeks ago with 75 and the court are refunding me 35 as they have said it is only 40.

I sent mine to Northampton and am not due any benefits.

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    Yorkshire (ish)

It perhaps depends on what you are applying for. Probably best to ring the court and ask.

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums
    This site is run solely on donations
    My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

Just called the court and they say for an application to set asideicon the fee is 75.00. The second mortgageicon cant be included in the monthly expenses to work out if entitled to a part remission. It doesnt seem fair we got to pay 150 in fees for same debt and we are up to our eyes in debt but none of that can be taken into account.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE