Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder visitinglondonuk Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

Default Re: Help required on Bank Charges whilst on benefits **SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME**

I owed Nationwideicon 2,320(GBP) in Jan 2009 this went up to 2,426 (GBP) due to banking charges and fines! I paid the debt at 1 GBP per month. They refused countless times to accept, but I just carried on making the payment of 1pound month. A year later they agreed to settle at 1,080 GBP and the rest of the debt they wouldn't continue asking me to pay. So in the end I saved 1,346 GBP! Top-tip: Don't ever talk to creditors by phone (always by post & not email) +make sure your never pay to write to your creditor, get there freepost address or if they don't have one, cut out there postage mark when they write to you and stick that on your reply letter to them!!

Basic Account Holder InformedSearcher Novitiate InformedSearcher Novitiate InformedSearcher's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Nov 2007
    I am in
    London, UK

Default Re: Help required on Bank Charges whilst on benefits **SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME**

Quote Originally Posted by visitinglondonuk View Post
    I owed Nationwideicon 2,320(GBP) in Jan 2009 this went up to 2,426 (GBP) due to banking charges and fines! I paid the debt at 1 GBP per month. They refused countless times to accept, but I just carried on making the payment of 1pound month. A year later they agreed to settle at 1,080 GBP and the rest of the debt they wouldn't continue asking me to pay. So in the end I saved 1,346 GBP! Top-tip: Don't ever talk to creditors by phone (always by post & not email) +make sure your never pay to write to your creditor, get there freepost address or if they don't have one, cut out there postage mark when they write to you and stick that on your reply letter to them!!

....and I bet on both accounts they now have DN's on them? Have you checked the CRA files on this one? With your previous post did you in fact anything to them, I'm guessing you did? Apart from that congratulations.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)
    --I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE